What do you guys think?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Explain?

Cause it's happened here plenty of times...

You can't flush with a blown cooler, so then you install one, then when you flush, knock debris loose into cooler, if you can't flush that new cooler and it's spreading deltas, another new cooler is in order....

bismic

Reaction score
Explain?

Cause it's happened here plenty of times...

You can't flush with a blown cooler, so then you install one, then when you flush, knock debris loose into cooler, if you can't flush that new cooler and it's spreading deltas, another new cooler is in order....

Been lots and lots of forum threads on it too over the years. Not worth arguing about with someone that hasn't had enough 6.0 business to see it.

No doubt it is related to what shape the coolant system is in. If the system has no scale, rust, or sand then it shouldn't be a problem. Some people have ONLY had trouble with gelled coolant. These should not have any issue w/ flushing. Unfortunately, there are plenty of 6.0L cases that have required multiple coolers due to scale, rust, sand. VC-9 will break loose these particulate contaminants.

Best to catch the problem before the cooler ruptures, but that isn't always possible.

Last post in the thread below is one of MANY such examples.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/...oil-cooler-replacement-insight-welcome-2.html

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubfJx2An1AY

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
this was a multiple oil cooler truck. 2005, 45k miles, original coolant. no failure, just the coolant turned to mud/rust. I also had to replace every single hose cause internally the hoses had this caked inside and would continually break off and plug. think I burned through 3 coolant filters too.
N9OSWLFh.jpg

bismic

Reaction score
You want a low "sudsing" soap. Liquid Cascade for dishwashers is a good choice. So is the simple green.

Bad_company

Reaction score
I guess he's gonna flush out with dawn until its clean...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

junglejoe

Reaction score
I went through this when Egr cooler and oil cooler ruptured. I flushed.. Flushed some more.. Flushed again.. Fugg it.. Flushed 2 more time! Used the acid stuff from ford.. 5 gallons of distilled water.. Good right?

4 oil coolers later.. I'm good now egr welded shut,to eliminate that issue. I seen someone said it will take multiple.e coolers and someone said no.. Guess your at the mercy of your truck.
Luckily for me I replaced the cooler with the remote mount BPD kit.. 15 minutes to change an oil cooler now.

Bad_company

Reaction score
I think i might be alright... so far every part hes cleaned/drained has has nothing but pudding in it. The screen caught the worst of it.
101aad54ac904d05f4d62bdc46b014ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.