6.7 lift pump with complete stock fuel system??

ghostriderblk

Reaction score
Here ya go. I put it just behind the transfer case. Don't mind the wires. I just haven't justified buying the 50$ plug when the wire connectors work just fine. Also the orange paint is what I used to drill my holes. Sprayed the frame and put the bracket bolts up match marked and drilled.

So just finished mine today. I was able to get the 3/8 to 1/2 fitting and ran a double male repair steel line between my fitting and factory sense there both female. I used a compression nut on the feed line going to a 3/8 to 1/2 barb reducer. The only thing different I did was heated my hose up to slip over the ridge on the fuel pump nipples. It was a real pain in the ass. I mounted mine exactly where you did yours. On the stock lines it runs flawless. Only.pr9blem is right now.im at 85psi base fuel pressure. So I have to find a stock regulator spring.

Bad_company

Reaction score
So just finished mine today. I was able to get the 3/8 to 1/2 fitting and ran a double male repair steel line between my fitting and factory sense there both female. I used a compression nut on the feed line going to a 3/8 to 1/2 barb reducer. The only thing different I did was heated my hose up to slip over the ridge on the fuel pump nipples. It was a real pain in the ass. I mounted mine exactly where you did yours. On the stock lines it runs flawless. Only.pr9blem is right now.im at 85psi base fuel pressure. So I have to find a stock regulator spring.

Warning noob asking questions lol.... trying to figure this out because I want to do this as well... by stock regulator spring do you mean the spring in the fuel bowl?

jrex2506

Reaction score
im running this with 1/2 lines and connected to the fuel bowl like shown above. my is holding steady at 70 psi with 190/75% on a full warren race tune. I like to do a lot of custom stuff but as asked above, I would just buy the bracket and be money ahead. the pump slides and locks in place so no moving and then you just drill your holes. I installed mine behind transfer case. there is a nice place to install there and just removed my stock pump. I have the upgraded spring too. I also just have a summit fuel pump hook kit and don't have the $50 plug but I need to apply something to protect the wires from water. I had about 400 in the whole thing; sump, wiring kit, pump, bracket and lines.

ghostriderblk

Reaction score
Warning noob asking questions lol.... trying to figure this out because I want to do this as well... by stock regulator spring do you mean the spring in the fuel bowl?

Yes fuel pressure regulator spring. I have the blue one the stock one would put me perfect but I can't find anyone so far with the original one.

ghostriderblk

Reaction score
im running this with 1/2 lines and connected to the fuel bowl like shown above. my is holding steady at 70 psi with 190/75% on a full warren race tune. I like to do a lot of custom stuff but as asked above, I would just buy the bracket and be money ahead. the pump slides and locks in place so no moving and then you just drill your holes. I installed mine behind transfer case. there is a nice place to install there and just removed my stock pump. I have the upgraded spring too. I also just have a summit fuel pump hook kit and don't have the $50 plug but I need to apply something to protect the wires from water. I had about 400 in the whole thing; sump, wiring kit, pump, bracket and lines.
I'm all finished with stock lines. I am trying to get fuel pressure down but may have to resort to cutting spring trail and error. The 3/8 line will raise pressure because more flow same diameter line so I see why it's high and didn't think about it on initial install. I got the pump for 100 and bracket for 30 so I'm about 130 in so far minis relay I had already and wire.

Bad_company

Reaction score
Yes fuel pressure regulator spring. I have the blue one the stock one would put me perfect but I can't find anyone so far with the original one.

so after you change the spring out what do you think youll have for fuel pressure? and what size injectors and turbo are you running? will they keep up with 70 to 80 psi? and by perfect you mean the 60-65 psi?

ghostriderblk

Reaction score
I got everything running but can't get below 80psi at idle which is over max recommended psi. This is with stock spring and fuel pressure does drop down to a little below 50psi at wot. I'm going to make the return line bigger and feed line bigger to stock bowl put 60psi spring back in and see what it does. I may end up regulated return.

Decker

Reaction score
I run 1/2 fuel hose from tank to bowl and back. So far when weather got down to 10 degrees high as I've seen is 72 psi at start up and idles to 70 after warm up. When weather average 30 degree and higher. I get about 65 psi. And lowest iv seen it at wot is 60 psi. I think the smaller lines are hindering you. BTW I do have blue spring in.

ghostriderblk

Reaction score
I run 1/2 fuel hose from tank to bowl and back. So far when weather got down to 10 degrees high as I've seen is 72 psi at start up and idles to 70 after warm up. When weather average 30 degree and higher. I get about 65 psi. And lowest iv seen it at wot is 60 psi. I think the smaller lines are hindering you. BTW I do have blue spring in.

what size are the inlet and return fittings on the bowl? is it 14mm x 1.5 and 18mm x1.5 o-ringed?? I'm ordering everything up now 1/2 braided 8an. im going to run 2x 5/8 draw tubes on in and one for return. ill try to place them apart so there isn't to much aeration. I figure that be a good route to go I don't think the sumps are even legal. even though I had one on my 7.3. all the good data is good to here you guys are seeing good pressure all around these pumps are stout. I really wanted to test this to see if it could be don't with stock lines. so the R&D is now there and you can do it but will yield high pressure at idle. end of story.

Last edited:

Decker

Reaction score
m14 to 8 an adapter to the feed port on fuel bowl and the m16 to 8 an adapter on return port. O ring on both. I used teflon on the 8an side and installed the 90 degree 8an to 1/2 in barb to both.

ghostriderblk

Reaction score
m14 to 8 an adapter to the feed port on fuel bowl and the m16 to 8 an adapter on return port. O ring on both. I used teflon on the 8an side and installed the 90 degree 8an to 1/2 in barb to both.

Thanks a lot saves me a lot of time and research

Latest posts

Members online