air compressor

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I ordered my 3 gallon 200 PSI air tank and 200 PSI Compressor yesterday for my train horn setup(already had horns). Gonna mount Horns and tank under the bed on Passenger side on the frame(holes existing). I had planned on mounting the compressor under the hood somewhere. Only question was if that was the ideal place to put it. Seems logical in that it would keep the power wires short and simple. And keep the compresssor out of the elements. Thanks

On edit: note that I will be running a manuel ball valve in the cab instead of a syliniod and switch/button. so the only thing getting grounded and power will be the compressor.

Jake

Reaction score
I am going to move my battery on the passenger side and build a bracket for it to go right by my alternator and get a stacked alternator pulley from kirby and lay the york on it's side I just need a right hand suction compressor.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I am going to move my battery on the passenger side and build a bracket for it to go right by my alternator and get a stacked alternator pulley from kirby and lay the york on it's side I just need a right hand suction compressor.

that sounds like an awesome way of doing it but i dont wanna go through the trouble of moving the battery and alt.

Jake

Reaction score
Hmm my last post didn't go through. I am not moving the alternator. The battery does not have to be minded it is just real close with it there. I am going to drive the compressor off the alternator with a double stack pulley from kirby's on board air. Hopefully after I get this truck back this will be the first project.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Hmm my last post didn't go through. I am not moving the alternator. The battery does not have to be minded it is just real close with it there. I am going to drive the compressor off the alternator with a double stack pulley from kirby's on board air. Hopefully after I get this truck back this will be the first project.

Oh I see what your saying.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Im mounting another a/c pumpm in my truck for a belt driven compressor with an on off switch some where around coming on at 70 or 80 psi and shutiing off about 90 or 100 psi. I need air to shift my trans lol

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Im mounting another a/c pumpm in my truck for a belt driven compressor with an on off switch some where around coming on at 70 or 80 psi and shutiing off about 90 or 100 psi. I need air to shift my trans lol

Well I already got my compressor but this I interesting. I'm curiose how much these belt drivin compressors cost and how well/fast would they fill a 3 gallon tank to 200 psi?

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Well like i said im using the old a/c pump, but a belt driven compressor can charge a bit faster than an electric. They maintain better. But do realize they dont go up over 120 psi most the time. But that is because big rigs dont use that much air. They use more volume than anything. Im shure you could put a 200 psi switch on one though

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Well like i said im using the old a/c pump, but a belt driven compressor can charge a bit faster than an electric. They maintain better. But do realize they dont go up over 120 psi most the time. But that is because big rigs dont use that much air. They use more volume than anything. Im shure you could put a 200 psi switch on one though

Well that sounds awesome. May have to upgrade to that one day.

Jake

Reaction score
I am using a york 210 ac compressor with a right hand suction so I can lay it over on the left side.

061-004_tn.jpg

Here is the pulley.

TJbeggs SP? at ford-trucks did his similar to the way I am going to do mine. I am going to have mine cut out at 200psi and in at 150psi.

I just have to get the truck back up and running first. I will have to reroute the intercooler pipe on that side also. I was planning on moving my batteries to under the bed anyway to freee up some room under the hood. I think I may end up using water to air intercooler

Latest posts

Members online