05-07 remote start plug and play?

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I'm in for a sub.
Want one too. Every single one I've found requires ample wiring so I'm venturing this is the only reply but you may also want to post this in the electronics thread.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I just removed my remote start from my '03.
Holy hell is there ever wiring!
There is a relay pack spliced in....its terrible.
I had to call the installer, who did it back in '03, to ask him what to all remove.

I was happy the truck still started after I was done.

Hopefully, the newer systems are way simpler.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I removed one out of my Acura, and I pulled one out of my Chevy and there were at least 8-10 lines spliced into the factory harness as I recall.

I figure they are all part of some sort of progressive feedback loop but I doubt there is anything aftermarket the ave joe will find "simple" and or plug-n-play due to that safety mechanism.

ghostriderblk

Reaction score
I'm in for a sub.
Want one too. Every single one I've found requires ample wiring so I'm venturing this is the only reply but you may also want to post this in the electronics thread.

I just posted to electronics how cool would it be if there were just t harnesses for everything. I guess i could make my own and pin it myself but for how many trucks there are you would think someone would.make it.

ghostriderblk

Reaction score
I just removed my remote start from my '03.
Holy hell is there ever wiring!
There is a relay pack spliced in....its terrible.
I had to call the installer, who did it back in '03, to ask him what to all remove.

I was happy the truck still started after I was done.

Hopefully, the newer systems are way simpler.

I know the 08+ Are plug and play with only a couple wire to splices. I find it odd a truck produced half as long has someyhing