Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.4 Tech

Old 10-13-2017, 08:11 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

The pump is a brand new Alliant Power, I know its possible to get a bad one out of the box but unlikely(well maybe not considering my luck). The acc pedal was something I brought up right away and it's something they're going to look into, the MAIN reason it's going to ford is so they can do more in-depth injector diagnosis, I dont think it's tuning because it moved like a raped ape for 30,000miles. Damn thing would smoke my 02 vette to 80 from a dig no problem, also the trucks up in central ND
Old 10-13-2017, 11:04 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
The pump is a brand new Alliant Power, I know its possible to get a bad one out of the box but unlikely(well maybe not considering my luck). The acc pedal was something I brought up right away and it's something they're going to look into, the MAIN reason it's going to ford is so they can do more in-depth injector diagnosis, I dont think it's tuning because it moved like a raped ape for 30,000miles. Damn thing would smoke my 02 vette to 80 from a dig no problem, also the trucks up in central ND
It is very possible. For reasons I am not disclosing as to avoid Dick swinging contest . But... this is a very good thing to consider. Hope you find better luck.
www.sideactiondiesel.com

6.4 FBD blocks

6.4 triple turbo kits

6.4 dual fuel kits

6.7 replacement and upgraded turbo's

Along with Allison,Dodge, Ford Converters and full transmission builds

Quality products
" The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
Old 10-13-2017, 11:49 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Desired vs actual makes a big difference. If it reads higher than actual it wont set a code but will run bad. Same for reading lower than actual. A good ford tech who knows what the stock pressures are suppose to be and knows its modified for more pressure will have a better time at finding the root cause.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2017, 02:18 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Well I drove the truck over to the local Super Duty center the other morning, it was chilly out maybe 45*f and the truck ran almost flawless, no falling on it's face at tip in on the throttle, it was initially on a 75hp time so I figured what the hell and turned it up to a canned 300 tune, turned off TC and punched it at 45-50 and she broke the rear tires lose and slid sideways no problem, I had ONE very minor fluctuation in RP just as I was pulling into ford but nothing like it was before if that helps you guys, the lift pump is pushing constant 6psi under load, lowest we saw when loading up the engine was 4.8 psi which is within factory specs, I think if i swap in new filters on the FASS that will probably go up a little more even, also considering adding a sump to help with fuel and for future goals when I have dual pumps, waiting on all that until I buy a new 6.7 for a daily driver though
Old 07-22-2018, 10:34 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

UPDATE

Ford has had the cab up and down 5 times in the last 10 months, its NOT the hpfp, we tried 3 so it's been a very expensive deal with no one wanting to take any responsibility. I finally had my lawyer call and now they seem to be in a helluva hurry to figure it out. My theory is that one of my injectors is failing open to the return side and dropping my RP down the ****ter, it's about the only damn thing we haven't completely swapped out or changed but the "best" mechanic around that's working on it claims its absolutely not that because hes looked at them but I haven't been billed for new headlines from God Rail to injector so I know hes full of ****, I'm almost 15k$ I to this dsmn thing, anyone have any insight?
Old 07-23-2018, 09:02 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

WELCOME TO A 6.4... IVE OPEN MINE UP TO SOME FUN STUFF NOTHING MAJIOR AND NOW ITS ONE ISSUE AFTER THE NEXT... IVE LEARNED ON MINE IF I CAN'T DO IT THE HELL WITH IT CAUSE IF I TAKE IT SOME WERE ALL ISM DOING IS PAYING SOME ONE TO TEAR IT UP EVEN MORE...ANYWAYS I FEEL YOU PAIN
Old 07-24-2018, 06:34 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsexton View Post
WELCOME TO A 6.4... IVE OPEN MINE UP TO SOME FUN STUFF NOTHING MAJIOR AND NOW ITS ONE ISSUE AFTER THE NEXT... IVE LEARNED ON MINE IF I CAN'T DO IT THE HELL WITH IT CAUSE IF I TAKE IT SOME WERE ALL ISM DOING IS PAYING SOME ONE TO TEAR IT UP EVEN MORE...ANYWAYS I FEEL YOU PAIN
Why are you yelling
2008 f-350 rclb 4x4
6.62 @ 102 fuel, 6.09 @ 117 spray (6480lbs)
5.15 @ 134 spray (4000#)
Old 07-24-2018, 01:04 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Haha...i did not know I was yelling... sorry I will use my inside voice....
Old 07-24-2018, 08:33 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

I wish someone some input, I'm thinking it's been an injector the whole time and the new pump just added that much more stress to it and caused it to fail, its not smoking or showing any signs of a hg or piston issue, I just dont understand how its taken 10 damn months and this much money and no answers🤔 blows my mind