2001 7.3 4x4 issues

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Hey guys I sold my 02 7.3 and bought a much cleaner 01 with 4x4. I'm working on couple issues and one is if the truck sits 3-4 days it spins over but won't start. I don't crank it long but will turn key off and try again and it will fire. Buddy said he seen white smoke on startup .
Any ideas?
Also the hubs are locked in and if you try to drive with them unlocked it makes a rough sound like bad bearings maybe. Should the front hubs be changed?
Truck has a exhaust and I added a intake changed oil and filter as well as new fuel filter. It has a lot of miles but it's a one owner truck in decent shape for being a 4x4. I don't plan on going off road. It's so much slower than my tuned 2002 I had. It's really slow but so quiet though which is kinda nice but Damm is it slow.

Sorry to ramble any help would be great thanks a bunch guys.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
How many miles on this thing? Sounds like the hpo bleeds off somewhere. Would be a way better help if you could get it hooked up to a scanner and monitor the normal parameters while cranking. Unlock the hubs and jack the front tires off the ground and wiggle the tires by hand. I bet you will find the bad bearings.

live life full throttle

Arisley

Reaction score
After it sits for a couple of days, pull the plug on the HPOP reservoir and dip a small screwdriver in there, I bet it is empty.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Hey thanks guys for the replies. Truck has 270,000 miles. I'm gonna check the front end I'm not even sure if the 4x4 works. It has a switch on the dash I turn but not messing with it.

If the hpop is loosing oil do I just buy a new one?
Why would it only make noises when the hubs are unlocked? If the bearing are bad wouldn't it make the noise all the time? Thanks again guys I'm gonna check out what yall say to do.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Hey thanks guys for the replies. Truck has 270,000 miles. I'm gonna check the front end I'm not even sure if the 4x4 works. It has a switch on the dash I turn but not messing with it.

If the hpop is loosing oil do I just buy a new one?
Why would it only make noises when the hubs are unlocked? If the bearing are bad wouldn't it make the noise all the time? Thanks again guys I'm gonna check out what yall say to do.
With the hubs locked in, it creates stress points in a different way due to the shafts driving the tires. I dont know how to describe it best but just try it.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online