Read First! Fuel surge fix

WalterWhite

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Before I get scolded for asking about ported fuel rails and pressure surges...Im not looking for why my truck surges. What im looking for is the answer to this: Will the surging eventually hurt my HPFP? or What can I do to fix this? Be it, going back to stock rails or anything else. Im open to all answers. Without rambling on, its a 2008 6.4L built engine with deleetes and ported fuel rails obviously.

sootie

Reaction score
put stock rails back on or get your tuning modified to eliminate the surge. Gear Head knows how to tune it out but i dont know what tunes you are running.

WalterWhite

Reaction score
sootie Im running Sp@rtan tunes. Spoke to them probably 2 years ago about my issue and they're the ones that said my surging issues were likely cause by my ported rails. Had no fix.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
My truck has ported rails and I experience some surge but I have mostly tuned it out. It was horrible when I had a cp3 as the dual fuel pump and got somewhat better with dual k16's. It doesn't bother me to point of spending any more time fooling with it. After I build my new turbo kit so I can actually utilize the fuel I have I may revisit it.

Latest posts

Members online