Obs fuel question

Bugman

Reaction score
If it is in the teens or twenties you are going to need the glow plugs so you may want to test the relay and the plugs themselves.

The wts light works independently of the glow plugs, it is just a idiot light.

7.3obs

Reaction score
Price on a set of new sending units for these trucks are a lot! Best luck would be to find someone that is parting out a truck. I got lucky and picked mine up for 150$ for both with the ford sticker still on them. Old ones rusted out. The gauge in the midship tank doesn't work 100% on mine and the locking ring leaks. Someday I'll pull the bed off and just replace the sender and a new ring and o ring.

As for the interior and wiper blade arms, send me a pm and I might be able to help you out.

Not knowing how many miles you have personally had the truck but if it's got 220k on it I'd pull the valve covers and change the glowplugs. eBay I believe have all 8 motorcraft glow plugs for 80$ shipped zd-11 part number. Also would look into piecing together a compression tester kit just for a piece of mind. Think I've got 60$ into mine.

old man dave

Reaction score
Harbor Freight sells a cheap diesel compression tester, #93644 for $30. It does not have the adaptor fitting but you can make one out of an old glow plug, 6" piece of steel tubing and one of the extra fittings included in the tester kit. Just braze the drilled out glow plug, steel tube and fitting together.

m j

Reaction score
is the front tank plastic or metal, plastic is larger then the 19 metal

WTS light is to right of cluster, mine was unplugged behind the dash when I went chasing it

Latest posts

Members online