E99 Fuel Leak

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Went out this morning to find a rather big puddle under the truck, Definately smells like fuel. Valley had a puddle of fuel under and behind fuel bowl, looks like the drain tube is tube is wet, if that even is the drain tube... Looks like someone had been in there already and put something over it(see pics). I had been smelling diesel for the past couple weeks but disregarded it, parked on a decline last night so I think the fuel ran from the valley down the back of the motor and is drilling off near oil pan. I've attached some photos. Now I also see that one of the sensors on the back or the fuel bowl has no sensor wires going to it. Wondering what's up with that. Any insight would be helpful before I go buy a rebuild kit. Thanks
ab0883210adf550ae87ba4c24c21765f.jpg
06e92b8081868f08bd9e0b47648aa7c0.jpg
182679e0d255635c321f314be0d9943e.jpg

Jomax

Reaction score
Just change the fuel drain orings. Takes 10min with the fuel bowl in the truck... that's your problem. Not the whole fuel bowl.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Just change the fuel drain orings. Takes 10min with the fuel bowl in the truck... that's your problem. Not the whole fuel bowl.

Great, I'll get the parts stat. You think that line has been messed with before with that piece on it? Thank you

Jomax

Reaction score
Great, I'll get the parts stat. You think that line has been messed with before with that piece on it? Thank you

That rubber piece is factory.

Fords oring kit doesn't come with every oring for the drain valve, theres an oring inside that they don't include some reason. Diesel orings kit carries it. You can order it that route, or find the oring at a parts store.

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
That rubber piece is factory.

Fords oring kit doesn't come with every oring for the drain valve, theres an oring inside that they don't include some reason. Diesel orings kit carries it. You can order it that route, or find the oring at a parts store.

Great. Thank you for the insight!

Jomax

Reaction score
http://www.dieselorings.com/1999-2003-ford-7-3l/fuel-bowl-parts/12-001.html

And the sensor is a water in fuel sensor and a fuel bowl heater sensor. I bet the heater shorted and the previous owner unplugged it. No worries there, but if you want to replace the heater, Guzzle also sells that.

I love using Bob, somehow broke the stud on a Bosch pump (tightening the nut, not even halfway it snaps) not crossed threaded either. He said send it back and he'll ship me a new one . That's service!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I love using Bob, somehow broke the stud on a Bosch pump (tightening the nut, not even halfway it snaps) not crossed threaded either. He said send it back and he'll ship me a new one . That's service!

nice!!

live life full throttle

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Ordered them today! Thanks guys! Hope that's the fix. I'll report back when they are in!

fireranger

Reaction score
OK, I've had some folks say the leak is from the O rings in the valve & some say its the rings on the mounting screws. How do I tell?

Latest posts

Members online