GPS Never on Road

theplumber

Reaction score
Hello to allnof you .
I have sync whit the screen and GPS
In my truck and is up to date ,that is what my dealer said and when i check it when i am on the road whit my truck the gps never show i am on the road!!!
That is weird ! Any idea from you?
I try to reset the systèm but always the same **** happend . Thanks for your help ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416696820.738628.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416696845.082527.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Do you have a hand held GPS? I'm betting the antenna is the issue. If the antenna doesn't capture the sat signal correctly the error factor is a HUGE circle of position probability. Most GPS units will need at least 3-4 sats to provide a decent position probability. Add to that the sats would need to be in different positions to provide the best chance of a small position probability.

Think of it like this. You look to the sky with one sat directly overhead, one sat half way up the horizon at your 3'oclock, one sat halfway up the horizon at your 9'oclock. This would provide the GPS the best signals to use for the calculation of your position and speed.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Mine did this after I installed bigger tires.

I can't remember exactly but try doing this.

Park with a clear view of the sky and unhook the negative cable on both batteries.
Leave it in the open for about 30 minutes. Hook them back up and drive it.

Should fix it, as strange as it sounds.
Let me know if this works

I may have unhooked both positive and negative cables at the same time but try just negatives first

Last edited:

08wstroke

Reaction score
Mine does this also and it done it the first night i had it and changed wheels and tires still does it

theplumber

Reaction score
Mine does this also and it done it the first night i had it and changed wheels and tires still does it

The thing it s wierd its my Iphone are always at the good position . On the ground or 100 feet in the air !!
Thats is wierd problem !!

Envoyé de mon iPhone

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing with my larger tires. Did you try disconnecting the batteries?

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Your phone has the "network" that helps with the position as well. It's far from a stand alone GPS unit. Try turning off the network data and see what happens with the GPS.

Latest posts

Members online