Steering Dampener/Stabilizers

FlatbedCowboy

Reaction score
Im still feeling my way through my new to me 2012 F350, and have a couple questions on steering dampers, stabilizers, and track bars.

So I have a steering dampener shock already on the "steering arm bar", do you take that shock off when you do dual steering stabilizers? What if I only did a single steering stabilizer? Though they mount on the Tie rod; which in a way is separate from the steering arm bar.

Next I have a 2.5 inch level, and it doesnt look like there is a drop bracket and definitely not an adj track bar, how do I tell if I need one? Do you measure from the center of the rim to the fender and see if they are off? Seems to drive fine.

FlatbedCowboy

Reaction score
Also when searching for adj track bars, I see no mention of rough countries adjustable bar. Why?

Is it because it doesnt use heim joints?

I figure once its set correctly does it really matter if it uses heims or not? I guess the bushing could wear quicker

Thoughts?

sootie

Reaction score
you do not take the factory steering damper off when you do duals on the tie rod bar. If you are replacing the single damper with an aftermarket high mount, it would replace the factory one.

if you have a level kit and no drop bracket or adj track bar, you need one or the other.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i run and we sell the PMF adjustable trac bar , and Dual stabilizer kit, top quality , and great performance.

Platinumf250

Reaction score
Thats what Im thinking about just putting that on for now, Im just leveled and 35s and i think duals are a little over kill

They are. I drive some rough un maintained county roads daily, and it made a huge difference. Definitely worth it to me.

RyanD

Reaction score
I've got a Carli 2.5 level (with the adjustable trac bar), fox resi shocks, and a fox replacement stabilizer in the factory location. A few weeks ago I did the PMF dual stabilizer with Foxes - I won't lie, it's a little overkill on 35s. If I did it again I'd probably just buy the Carli stabilizer and be done with it.

Latest posts

Members online