Injector popped out of head

hoosiers16

Reaction score
Just boosted ~25psi to merge and heard a pop, rpms fell down to a little above idle with smoke coming out of the engine. Luckily I was already going downhill and was able to coast into a parking lot. Diesel all over the ground, open the hood and I see the injector right below the oil cap has popped nearly all the way out of the head... there's some metal around it that you can tell has broken.

Anybody else had this happen if so what's the total damage?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
There was a tsb about broken hold downs on 11s, tsb was to replace all the hold downs, i cant remember if they had you re oring injectors or not too. Youll probably be looking at 1 new injector, all hold downs, a return line, and possibly 7 o ring kits,

sootie

Reaction score
Is the tip of the injector damaged? Could have dropped a valve and smashed it out...

hoosiers16

Reaction score
It's an 11.. and yep that hold down is broke.

Haven't pulled the injector out yet to see if the tip is gone or not.

F150orelse

Reaction score
I’ve only seen a few threads on blow outs, I’m surprised no one has made a stronger hold down out of all the custom parts that are made for the 6.7.

hoosiers16

Reaction score
I tried googling it and something came up on the .org but that was it. Hence why I made a post here. If anything now it will be easier for anyone else who this happens to.

Going to send the injector off tomorrow to see if it's damaged. What's the possibility that there's damage in the head?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I tried googling it and something came up on the .org but that was it. Hence why I made a post here. If anything now it will be easier for anyone else who this happens to.

Going to send the injector off tomorrow to see if it's damaged. What's the possibility that there's damage in the head?

Ive seen 1 damage the head, but that one was also damn near impossible to pull out. I broke the special tool to pull them, and really ****ed up the hold down doimg it the way i normally do.

Latest posts

Members online