Injector oring missing

harrelljr99

Reaction score
So I have a 2016 f450 that started running rough. Still under warranty so took to Ford. Long story short. No. 8 cylinder no compression dealership said that took apart and found that the injector was missing an o ring. But the truck has never been into. I’m the original owner and it has approximately 54,000 miles on it. Said they replaced the o ring and now it’s good. So what in the heck, what happened to the o ring?? Anyone have any experience or heard of any crap like this??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harrelljr99

Reaction score
So talk to the Diesel tech was actually the sealing ring (copper piece at the bottom) that was missing.
b5a350a4ef73b1c1eb8b3f9861fe39a9.jpg

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I have seen that once. Truck was much lower mileage, and it was about 4 years ago. I think it had around 10k on it. Injector was left loose from the factory, and actually damaged the head. The injector was stuck in the hole so bad, I broke the actual remover tool trying to pull it, and ended up damaging the valve cover using pry bars to finally get it out. Only time ive seen it when it hadnt had somone elses dirty dick beaters on it. Have had a couple doubled up from other shops, but that was the only one in the same type of situation as you.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

harrelljr99

Reaction score
Interesting. Thank you for posting. They replaced the injector; running good. Hope all is good now with no more issues.

Latest posts

Members online