Upfitter switches

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
More or less. I believe ford sells a kit to add them. Comes with the relay box and switch panel, as well as harness to connect them. Cant remember the part number offhand, but done a few at work. I believe it comes with instructions as well as to where the harness you plug into is located and whatnot

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
More or less. I believe ford sells a kit to add them. Comes with the relay box and switch panel, as well as harness to connect them. Cant remember the part number offhand, but done a few at work. I believe it comes with instructions as well as to where the harness you plug into is located and whatnot

I agree and have found everything you said. Just was wondering if an XL had the plug that the kit plugs into on the firewall.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

I have done a couple also but not an xl. Shouldn't the harnes already be there just plugged into a dummy plug?

All models should have the same wiring harness. It just depends on the module or relay and or switches right?

live life full throttle

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I have done a couple also but not an xl. Shouldn't the harnes already be there just plugged into a dummy plug?

All models should have the same wiring harness. It just depends on the module or relay and or switches right?

live life full throttle
Yeah, it should. I dont remember if I did any xls, I would assume so, as most have been city work trucks, and I dont see them spending anymore than they have to on a vehicle, unless its a supervisors or something.

Reaction score
My problem is the cab is up on the lift. If I lower it down I don’t know that I can get in there to where I can see.

I question it because from all the research I have done I can’t just add power windows and such because the harness is different.

Guess worst case I could just make it work.

james_mtz07

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know what these wires are under the dash in the same general area of the Upfitter wires? The pic is from a 2011 lariat.

Attachments

• 26167A29-CDC4-4A11-B621-FA7F1EF8FB58.jpg
    26167A29-CDC4-4A11-B621-FA7F1EF8FB58.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 56
  • F9E1B4B2-EE38-4734-A66F-9EFD8C1C2FCB.jpg
    F9E1B4B2-EE38-4734-A66F-9EFD8C1C2FCB.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 52

dsberman94

Reaction score
There’s a bunch of write ups on the in inter webs for installing upfitters in trucks that didn’t come with them. One I saw used the factory switch panel but the guy made his own relay board. Others use the OE switches and relay board. And I believe I read something about there being a wire missing in the back of a fuse box. you take your upfitter relay board power wire with the pin on it and put it in the back of the fuse box for power at a certain fuse. I did read all this for f150s though and I thought I had them saved but can’t find it.