6.4 Gone. 2017 6.7 F350 Platinum In.

Jomax

Reaction score
Got the Tater Built Drop-In Turbo and Exergy 10mm Pump swap done this past Saturday. Went very well, zero issues. Had it all done in about 5 hours, big thanks to my buddy Travis for helping me out on this.

New turbo and pump definitely make a very big difference. The stock turbo is largely restricted on airflow compared to the modified drop ins and the new exergy pump flows quite a bit more fuel, it fuels very very hard.

It is currently on a 2200us tune, I will probably run a lower fueling tune for every day driving so that it doesn't smoke so much in the lower RPMs before the turbo lights.

Other than the fueling, it runs very very well and the driveability is 10x better than before. I 100% fully believe it spools faster than stock. The turbine whistle is also quite incredible now. The whole truck sounds completely different.

My 3-4 shift flare was quite pissy at first at the added power but it is all already learning and is doing much better already.

I still think a mildy built trans is in my future for next year most likely. It would definitely help with this setup.

df96847bcfa54886fe74ba5806f8cf64.jpg
ee0603486b64970ae45ca0bb513da04a.jpg
6c0436e082a5eb76e3812d73a74c8c66.jpg
142d2998d33088dc375a82fbc0079e94.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Love the color, it suits you .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
Love the color, it suits you .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good god, you are alive and still drinking starbucks and wearing ugg boots.

Welcome back communist!

Black AOD

Reaction score
Got back on the dyno today.

The good - The truck made 628whp/1392tq on a 2200us file on tune 5. This is a solid 80hp bump and almost 300 ft/lb torque gain. However it still wasn't an accurate run due to the below....

The bad - my transmission OD is f*cked. We couldn't get one clean run today in 5th gear to hold through the power curve past the very first base run, it would not hold in 5th and continually unlocked the converter and downshifted back to 4th.

My trans took damage earlier in the year in a random incident, unfortunately it is now more unhappy than ever with the added power.

All this being said, I am impressed it made the numbers that it did on a burnt up OD clutch pack.

The turbo is tapped for air, the smoke output videos prove it.

I would say with a proper trans, 640-650whp and 1400-1450tq is probably max.

It drives awesome so I cant really complain.

I am looking into doing a built trans next week from WDI and hope to be back on the dyno in December.

And the boring truck saga continues....

Black AOD

Reaction score
Here is a smoke output on tune 5....see below YT link

2200us is probably a little much for this turbo but it makes the power. Its kind of smokey due to the fact that the turbo is tapped for air.

We are going to try a 2000US tune once I have a better trans in the truck.

SOTF Tunes 1-3 on the same file run very very clean on the street.

https://youtu.be/QVbJWpJj78U

Csticks

Reaction score
Black AOD,

I just got into a 2017 F350 myself and I feel like you do that the difference in HP and Torque now may not justify an increase but have you or anyone else on here upgraded a 2017 or later? If so can you let me know who your using to increase power and tranny shifts. Thanks

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Dude literally has 2 posts both asking about dereet tuning. First one was back in April in the 6.4 section and now 6.7.... hmmmmmm.....

live life full throttle

Black AOD

Reaction score
Black AOD,

I just got into a 2017 F350 myself and I feel like you do that the difference in HP and Torque now may not justify an increase but have you or anyone else on here upgraded a 2017 or later? If so can you let me know who your using to increase power and tranny shifts. Thanks

Hello EPA.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Truck got dropped off at Unlimited Diesel Today for a transmission upgrade. The 3-4 shift is completely shot and 6th gear OD sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

WDI will be building a Billet Competition Unit for it with Raybestos GPZ clutches, Modified Shift Kit (Valve Body) and New Modified Pump, all new OEM seals, solenoids and gaskets, TCS Billet Intermediate Shaft, PI Quad Disc Converter, and a Mag Hytec Deep Pan. I believe WDI also does some kind of updated custom rear piston hub as well.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Truck got dropped off at Unlimited Diesel Today for a transmission upgrade. The 3-4 shift is completely shot and 6th gear OD sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

WDI will be building a Billet Competition Unit for it with Raybestos GPZ clutches, Modified Shift Kit (Valve Body) and New Modified Pump, all new OEM seals, solenoids and gaskets, TCS Billet Intermediate Shaft, PI Quad Disc Converter, and a Mag Hytec Deep Pan. I believe WDI also does some kind of updated custom rear piston hub as well.

Sounds like a beefy build be sure to post up your first impressions !

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Here is a smoke output on tune 5....see below YT link

2200us is probably a little much for this turbo but it makes the power. Its kind of smokey due to the fact that the turbo is tapped for air.

We are going to try a 2000US tune once I have a better trans in the truck.

SOTF Tunes 1-3 on the same file run very very clean on the street.

https://youtu.be/QVbJWpJj78U

What size turbine? Sounds good exhaust note wise. Sounds alittle like a 6.0 on the top end.