Injector rebuild questions?

Tanker3278

Reaction score
Local 6.0L guru told me my injectors will need rebuilding or replacing in the near future. (no BS, he's an old white-haired mechanic who's about to retire)

Bought a set out of a junkyard for cores.

If I buy the parts & rebuild them myself, do the need to be run on a flow bench to be calibrated?

Parts links I'm considering:
EAIaIQobChMIwO76ldbO5AIVbx6tBh00KA0hEAQYBCABEgLHo_D_BwE
And
https://www.accuratediesel.com/6-0l...MIwO76ldbO5AIVbx6tBh00KA0hEAQYCCABEgIgEfD_BwE
And have been looking for stock tips also.

Thoughts?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Zeb

Reaction score
That’s a bit of a loaded question.
You don’t calibrate 6.0 injectors on a flow bench, you rather check for correct operation.
I’d be a bit leary if buying spool valves and just putting them in old bodies. The clearances are SO small on them that we ALWAYS fit them as a pair. To give you an idea on tolerances, a good spool valve will not hold air, but does hold oil.
If you have junk yard cores, you definitely would want new solenoids. By the time you buy spool valves (risky), solenoids, plugs, orings (no idea on their quality, and cheap internal orings will cause you a lot of grief), nozzles, etc, you’re probably not going to save anything over buying a quality set of remans with a warranty.

atc500

Reaction score
You will save time and money just having a builder do them, for example $822 for a set from warrens with 6month warranty vs DIY $450 for stock nozzles alone plus whatever other parts you might need.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.