No Pcm Communication

Petro

Reaction score
Ran into a little snag today with an 06 6.0 liter today. Owner told me hes been having electrical problems with the cluster and radio when he dropped it off last week. I assumed a voltage problem or the gauge cluster itself was taking a sh!t. Well i got time to look at it today, went to throw my scanner on it and can not for the life of me get communication with the engine. I can pull codes from a few different modules, t case and some other stuff but when it comes to trying to get codes or data from anything else, engine, transmission, cluster, i just get a communication fault. Now, ive checked and rechecked all fuses, and several connections but haven't really torn into anything. There is power at the obd port. Truck seems to run and drive just fine, and the cluster and radio didn't miss a beat today. Everything worked flawless in thr 10 or 15 miles i put on it. I checked voltage at both batteries and load tested them, both are perfect. And suggestions on where to start or what else to look at?

bismic

Reaction score
It sounds like a short in the instrument cluster.

Need to troubleshoot it when it is happening though.

Petro

Reaction score
It sounds like a short in the instrument cluster.

Need to troubleshoot it when it is happening though.

I didn't get time to look at it today. You're saying the cluster can interrupt communication between the scanner and pcm? I was planning on swapping in a different pcm tomorrow just to see what happens buf im at kind of a loss on where to start.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.