99-04 shocks

03_PSD

Reaction score
Another vote for the Bilstein 5100's.
I run them on my '03 KR, and the '04 KR I have been working on.
I went with the stock to +2" height shocks.
And at about $400/complete set, they are hard to pass up.

Exact same shocks for me too. I've had mine now for over 3 years and still have a great ride.

needen$77

Reaction score
Sorry a drunk text. I have never replaced shocks on my own truck. Im dumb and like the floating on the harsh clouds feel. I drive my truck once a week and i have a 2019 company traverse and even with riding it 99% of the time it doesn't bother me. I dont feel much different. I think its because how much newer vehicles shutter so much

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score
Getting a little closer to doing something here. Front end was a pogo stick on certain surfaces when pulling the trailer last weekend.

Picking up some excursion front spring to lower it. Not sure if I’ll like it or not. We will see. Not lifting it so whatever I chose for shocks will work on both setups.

It will either be ranch 9000’s or Fox shocks all the way around

Zeb

Reaction score
Getting a little closer to doing something here. Front end was a pogo stick on certain surfaces when pulling the trailer last weekend.

Picking up some excursion front spring to lower it. Not sure if I’ll like it or not. We will see. Not lifting it so whatever I chose for shocks will work on both setups.

It will either be ranch 9000’s or Fox shocks all the way around

Rancho RS9000XL’s.

I have Fox 2.0’s that are recommended for stock height Super Duty’s on our 03 Excursion with a 6.0, and with the lower ride height that the Excursion has there isn’t enough dampening.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Rancho RS9000XL’s.

I have Fox 2.0’s that are recommended for stock height Super Duty’s on our 03 Excursion with a 6.0, and with the lower ride height that the Excursion has there isn’t enough dampening.

I still have to call you!!

sootie

Reaction score
Rancho RS9000XL’s.

Only was to get a decent ride on an excursion is to lift it. Sounds like an oxy moron I know ...

One thing I did was remove the front bump stops-it helped a lot

Zeb

Reaction score
I went and did some measuring on the Excursion.

It is stock ride height, Fox 2.0 shocks for a Super Duty, and Energy Suspension bumpstops.

Shock length at ride height (eye to eye) is 17.375”
Available shock travel is 2.25”
Axle pad to bumpstop is 1.5”
Axle pad to frame (bumpstop removed) is 3.75”

With the Fox shock it isn’t going to be possible to remove the bumpstop because the shock will bottom out on a hard bump.
It is obvious from the witness marks that the bumpstop contacts the axle pad regularly.

Rancho RS9000XL p/n 999267 has:
Compressed length 14.650”
Extended length 22.250”
Travel 7.600”

sootie

Reaction score
The foxes we have, have a rubber bushing that contacts the body when they bottom out. It doesn't hit internally. We rarely have any issues bottoming out anyway.

Zeb

Reaction score
The foxes we have, have a rubber bushing that contacts the body when they bottom out. It doesn't hit internally. We rarely have any issues bottoming out anyway.

These have the rubber bushing also.
If it doesn’t hurt to run the shock down till it contacts the bushing, guess what else I’ll be doing when I change the oil this afternoon. :)

Strokersace

Reaction score
I ended up dropping on a set of bilstein 5100’s that I got a heck of a deal on. Not near as good as the ranchos 9000 or Fox, but couldn’t beat the price.

Made a huge improvement over what I took off.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I ended up dropping on a set of bilstein 5100’s that I got a heck of a deal on. Not near as good as the ranchos 9000 or Fox, but couldn’t beat the price.

Made a huge improvement over what I took off.
Nice! Definitely not fox but a deal is a deal. What you took off have been on for way to long. Lol and they are just cheapy lifetime warranty from advanced auto.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online