Old 01-21-2020, 04:34 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootie View Post
If you have bump steer, your alignment isn't correct

Garbage.

Fax, carli or King
Well the truck tracks perfectly, and yes bump steer comes with having the 37s nothing to do with alignment

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2020, 04:40 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2outfitter View Post
Well the truck tracks perfectly, and yes bump steer comes with having the 37s nothing to do with alignment

To the uneducated, that would seem like the case. What is castor set at please?
Old 01-21-2020, 06:41 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2outfitter View Post

I am in the same boat as you. Brand new truck, added the 3.5 lift kit and had an alignment done - drove perfectly - just like stock. Add the 37s and instantly had a slight steering wheel shake if I didnít have my hand on the steering wheel. Drove perfectly still but steering wheel wobbled like I said. Checked balance on wheels and tires - perfect. Added the RC steering stabilized and that fixed everything. Just like stock now but looks way better.

Sold -2000 F-350 Crew Cab - .10 over, Mahle Pistons, Cryo'd Rods, 250cc/100%, 1.15 38r, SRP1, ITP RR, 910's, DI Pushrods, ARP, BDP Live Tuned, BTS Converter+VB+Pump Mods, 5" Exhaust, 4Ē Lift, and 20x10 Fuel Kranks on 35s
545rwhp/1,243rwtq
Old 01-21-2020, 06:43 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
I am in the same boat as you. Brand new truck, added the 3.5 lift kit and had an alignment done - drove perfectly - just like stock. Add the 37s and instantly had a slight steering wheel shake if I didnít have my hand on the steering wheel. Drove perfectly still but steering wheel wobbled like I said. Checked balance on wheels and tires - perfect. Added the RC steering stabilized and that fixed everything. Just like stock now but looks way better.
Awesome thanks, did you go with dual setup

Old 01-22-2020, 09:34 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Yea the RC dual setup

Sold -2000 F-350 Crew Cab - .10 over, Mahle Pistons, Cryo'd Rods, 250cc/100%, 1.15 38r, SRP1, ITP RR, 910's, DI Pushrods, ARP, BDP Live Tuned, BTS Converter+VB+Pump Mods, 5" Exhaust, 4Ē Lift, and 20x10 Fuel Kranks on 35s
545rwhp/1,243rwtq
Old 01-22-2020, 04:33 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootie View Post
To the uneducated, that would seem like the case. What is castor set at please?
Canít help those who donít really want help! Just wanted excuse to buy a rough country clearly brother! Haha
2015 F250 platinum, flopro 5", jones turbine 5050xl, polished No Limit intake piping & intercooler, jenny craig, sotf gear hedd tune, Rigid DOT fogs, Chinese 40" radius led, Amp steps, weathertechs, Edge CTS2, titan tank, Dieselsite fuel & coolant filter, Blue ox gooseneck, Hellwig bars, retrofit projectors, Linex plat, Retrax cover,full Carli 2.5" backcountry, Fox 2.0 res shocks, Toyo RT 37", OUO ala, bars, truss, levelers
Old 01-22-2020, 06:27 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JUICE View Post
Canít help those who donít really want help! Just wanted excuse to buy a rough country clearly brother! Haha
Ya no chit. Nothing like covering up an issue....a safety one at that!
Old 01-23-2020, 07:13 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I completely agree sootie, I studied suspension geometry and have built several trucks/offroad vehicles, including solid axle ones.

Technically bump steer is impossible with a solid axle. The definition of bump steer is "the change in toe during a suspension cycle", which since there is a tie rod connecting the two, that cannot happen (unless there is play in the ball joints, but that's irrelevant)

I also believe steering dampeners are band aids for real problems. Every vehicle I have bought/owned I've pulled them off. A properly setup vehicle should not need one. And no, "bump steer" does not come with 37s, but 37s more exaggerate a problem that you didnt know you had yet.

Last edited by Lt.Dan; 01-23-2020 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:04 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Dan View Post
Technically bump steer is impossible with a solid axle. The definition of bump steer is "the change in toe during a suspension cycle", which since there is a tie rod connecting the two, that cannot happen (unless there is play in the ball joints, but that's irrelevant).

I was also told bump steer is the condition where you hit a large bump and the suspension cycle tries to rip the steering wheel out of your hands. A vendor here says this condition is also caused by the track bar and steer bar being at largely different angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-24-2020, 06:48 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerStrokePops View Post
I was also told bump steer is the condition where you hit a large bump and the suspension cycle tries to rip the steering wheel out of your hands. A vendor here says this condition is also caused by the track bar and steer bar being at largely different angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The steering wheel being ripped out of your hands I dont think has a technical term, but people have started calling it bump steer because it's similar to what happens in an IFS vehicle with bump steer, but not the same thing.

The track bar and drag link being parallel and the same length have a lot to so with it, but it's not everything. It could be Caster, it could be slop in any one of the ball jojnts/bushings/wheel bearings, could be a tire separating and causing it to grab the road funny. Theresprobably more, but it's too early to think right now...