Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 7.3 Aftermarket

Old 01-21-2020, 10:08 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTurbos View Post
Sorry, we are out for the testing.

We blew the motor up... ended up being a crazy issue related to the CPS. It crapped out on the dyno and sputtered during a hard dyno pull. The hard shock bent a few rods. Rebuilt the motor and got it all back together and kept eating cam sensors (ford, oreilly, etc). Ended up finding out we had a 1995 cover on it and it has a slightly different clearance for the cam sensor. We ended up shimming the cam sensor a little and fixed all the issues. I guess international even sells a cam sensor clearance tool and shim kit... never heard of that before.

WELL... during the down time trying to figure out what was going on... James ended up driving a 6.7psd and it was over for him. He threw in the towel and sold the 7.3 after blowing the motor 4 times over stupid "rare" issues. He picked up a super nice 2012 king ranch for a smoking deal.
Lol.. yep. Cam sensor hiccup at wot running a buck 20 down the road will do that also!! Lol.. did that in the ole dually ine night. Blew the left front and right reer corners of the head gaskets out simultaneously.. ultimately finding out later on down the line that the rods where bent too..

Yep.. there is and always has been a shim and and clearance tool..

If there was a money back guarantee or if someone wanted to throw aome money in the pot. Id find a 7.3 to try them on and debunk all this.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2020, 11:48 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

There is nothing to debunk. Can't argue with physics. It plain and simple is a bogus ploy to make money in the aftermarket diesel world. It ranks right up there with changing your hpop res oil.

The simple fact that after 170 posts later and months and months go by nobody has come forth with any proof otherwise proves this. But yet people want to believe and hope unicorns , rainbows and lollipops are going to start coming falling out of the sky . It's a 7.3 people, it needs high pressure oil in volume and pressure. Making the oil route to injectors smaller isn't going to make the pump make more volume or pressure.
Dana 60 front with rsk kit. 5" blocks in rear. 4:10 on 35s. Blackwater reman 7.3 with arp studs , comp springs. 175/80 pis inj, adrenalin hpop,irate fuel system with fuel lab pump. Borg warner 364.5 fmw with 1.00 a/r housing. EC450 horton electric fan clutch. ZF5 shaker.
--16 f350 ccsb lariat 6.7 tuned and D-leted!!😈
--15 VW passatt TDI sport. Tuned and D leted 6 speed
Old 01-21-2020, 11:51 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

Don't have a dog in the fight, but why would FFD risk their reputation on this? They had to have known scrutiny would follow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2020, 12:37 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Here's my take on it.........

They probably did some testing and found that icp was up and less codes were thrown for low icp. So they thought they had the 7.3 version of curing cancer.

In reality they got those results from the new restrictions in the oil rail.

No one yet has posted dyno #s or track times to prove they are doing what they claim?

They prematurely put these rails out on there site with out doing more testing thinking that the data they had was enough.

Honestly I do think there has been more testing done but no one wants to come forth with the results because it would confirm what we have thought all along. And if the results were in their favor we would have had them long ago!
Dana 60 front with rsk kit. 5" blocks in rear. 4:10 on 35s. Blackwater reman 7.3 with arp studs , comp springs. 175/80 pis inj, adrenalin hpop,irate fuel system with fuel lab pump. Borg warner 364.5 fmw with 1.00 a/r housing. EC450 horton electric fan clutch. ZF5 shaker.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:08 PM
General
Member's Gallery

I highly doubt ffd would throw it out there without proof...

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2020, 06:12 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Im still curious to see what would happen if you tried using them with a 400/400 injector. If there would be enough oil in the rails to run them efficiently at a high rpm. And if there was if youd still need a big twin hpop setup or if you could get away with an adrenaline.
GTP38R, T500, PIS 175/80s in the engine. waiting to see rods one day

Turned 200k miles 1/18/2015
Old 01-22-2020, 10:01 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Any of you guys like to gamble, how about we make a bet out of this.

There will be 2 teams, one for and one against. Doesn't matter how many is on each cause the total bet will be divided between the teammates. Each team puts up $600 so $1200 total. First we would have to put the money in the pot.

The tricky part is to find someone with 400/400 and a twin hpop system using an adrenaline. Also he would need some base numbers with the current setup so we keep the variances to a minimum. Then the guy needs be willing to put in the rails and use the adrenaline by its self. Then dyno his truck.

The bet is weather or not the truck makes about the same power lets say within 30 hp. Doesn't matter if the tuning needs to be changed because if someone is building a new setup the tuning would be different. Also we're going from two pumps to one so that may take some tuning changes.

The team that wins gets there their money back ($600). The guy who is willing to do this will get free rails and the $300 left over to help pay for tuning and or the dyno run. Of coarse the losing team will not get anything besides all the heckling that will proceed afterwards.

I have access to a dyno for cheap maybe even free if I can talk the owner in to it. The only problem is its located in the southwest and I presume most of you guys are back east.

Also I'm up to any other variants of a bet as long as it keeps the bet as fair as possible.

Lets stop arguing like a bunch a school girls and put some skin in the game and make this happen.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:37 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

It's not going to be a fair comparison if your switching pumps and doing all kinds tune changes now is it.

I like your thinking but the only real way to compare would to take a truck with b codes and/or any oil hungry injector running an adrenaline or any single hpop. Now do back to back dyno runs only swapping in the rail restrictions. That would tell the story plain and simple. With no other factors skewing the results.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:47 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

With your idea the tune would need to be changed cause the truck would run out of icp before you make any real power. Although I guess that would be the point!
Old 01-22-2020, 10:53 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

So if we did it your way what would we be betting? What if the truck doesn't hold icp but makes more power with the rails in? Or holds icp longer than without?