2015 F-250 Recall -tuning question

mckinney1

Reaction score
So I go this letter in the mail the other day saying it has a recall. So I called the dealer and he said they wont have parts for another 2 months and to keep checking. That's nice!
My dilemma is sense I have SCT Livewire tuner, straight pipe, No limit stage 2 intake, intercooler aluminum replacement pipe, shift on the fly etc...What would you do about putting it back to stock. I honestly don't care they know about it being tuned, I just don't want to spend so much time getting everything back on. I am just concerned about putting the computer back to stock and having all the lights come on or will it hurt it. Hate to give it to them tuned and they clear it and **** the truck all up.

It took me all day to get the parts off, then the truck put back together and don't want to do that again haha. That and I broke the dam plastic DEF injector taking it off.

What are your thoughts.

Attachments

• Ford Recal.jpg
    Ford Recal.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 149

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
So I go this letter in the mail the other day saying it has a recall. So I called the dealer and he said they wont have parts for another 2 months and to keep checking. That's nice!
My dilemma is sense I have SCT Livewire tuner, straight pipe, No limit stage 2 intake, intercooler aluminum replacement pipe, shift on the fly etc...What would you do about putting it back to stock. I honestly don't care they know about it being tuned, I just don't want to spend so much time getting everything back on. I am just concerned about putting the computer back to stock and having all the lights come on or will it hurt it. Hate to give it to them tuned and they clear it and **** the truck all up.

It took me all day to get the parts off, then the truck put back together and don't want to do that again haha. That and I broke the dam plastic DEF injector taking it off.

What are your thoughts.
Why would you get the recall???

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
When it starts with “Your truck MAY have....” , I throw it out. Seems like BS to me. Google the recall code. Might not even be worth it. They just want you to go see them for more work. They obviously have the VIN and if it was that big of a deal, they would know if it had been completed.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
When it starts with “Your truck MAY have....” , I throw it out. Seems like BS to me. Google the recall code. Might not even be worth it. They just want you to go see them for more work. They obviously have the VIN and if it was that big of a deal, they would know if it had been completed.
Yes.You will also get a recall notice Directly from Ford.

mckinney1

Reaction score
He had a hard time telling me what was wrong. After a while came back and said it was a crank oil vent sensor??? 2-3- days to fix it he thought.

He could not give me any codes for it.

mckinney1

Reaction score
They said it was the crank case oil ventilation?

I will do some Google searching and see what pops up. It may be just a waste of time?

Thanks

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
17M04

https://ford.oemdtc.com/3232/custom...eparator-assembly-2014-2016-ford-f-super-duty

TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers

SUBJECT: Customer Satisfaction Program 17M04
Certain 2014-2016 Model Year F-250 – F-550 and 2016 Model Year F-650/F-750
Vehicles, With 6.7L Diesel Engine
Crankcase Ventilation Oil Separator Assembly

PROGRAM TERMS

This program extends the warranty coverage of the crankcase ventilation (CCV) oil separator assembly to 11 years of service or 120,000 miles from the warranty start date of the vehicle, whichever occurs first. If a vehicle has already exceeded either the time or mileage limits, this extended warranty coverage will last through August 31, 2018. Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.

cappa

Reaction score
Shouldn't take 2 to 3 days to replace the ccv box and sensor more like an hour or two I would think tops. If it's not throwing a code for it thou I wouldn't be taking mine in

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
It is just a warranty extension on the ccv box or the sensor on the early ones. They will not do anything, unless it has a code for the sensor.

mckinney1

Reaction score
17M04

https://ford.oemdtc.com/3232/custom...eparator-assembly-2014-2016-ford-f-super-duty

TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers

SUBJECT: Customer Satisfaction Program 17M04
Certain 2014-2016 Model Year F-250 – F-550 and 2016 Model Year F-650/F-750
Vehicles, With 6.7L Diesel Engine
Crankcase Ventilation Oil Separator Assembly

PROGRAM TERMS

This program extends the warranty coverage of the crankcase ventilation (CCV) oil separator assembly to 11 years of service or 120,000 miles from the warranty start date of the vehicle, whichever occurs first. If a vehicle has already exceeded either the time or mileage limits, this extended warranty coverage will last through August 31, 2018. Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.

You're all over it, thank you.

If I take it in do you think I would need to return the computer back to stock and be able to leave the rest of it tuned??

Thank you

mckinney1

Reaction score
It is just a warranty extension on the ccv box or the sensor on the early ones. They will not do anything, unless it has a code for the sensor.

Good to know. I am not a mechanic so I am not sure if I am misunderstanding this but I don't have any codes on SCT LiveWire so I may just sit tight.

Thank you

BigRed97

Reaction score
Correct, if there are no codes, there is no problem and ford will not replace anything. Don't take it in

GregWork

Reaction score
Yep, Ignore unless you throw a code.

"If an affected vehicle exhibits this condition, dealers are to check for the following DTCs: P04DB, P04E2, and P04E3. If one or more of these DTCs are present, the dealer will inspect the CCV oil separator assembly and either repair or replace it as needed."

Latest posts

Members online