Improving F350 ride

08Monster

Reaction score
So, I'm purchasing a 2014 F350, wondering what the ride will be like compared to a F250? Can I remove a leaf spring to turn it to a 250 pack? Are the front coils and stiffer? What are they real difference between the 2 honestly. Thanks!

sootie

Reaction score
the block size in the rear is the main difference. 250 is 1 7/8 and 350 is 3 7/8. a lot to do with suspension depends on how it is optioned, you could get 250s with no overloads ect. Same goes for the front. if it has snow plow prep. it will have 6000 lb springs. if not, they will be 5600.

really the block is the only obvious difference i have seen as the option will let you get very similar suspension setups on both trucks.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Door sticker rating...that's the difference. I found a F250 on the lot with a Camper and Snow Plow package. Rear block was the 3 7/8 F350 block. Go figure.

Reaction score
I bought a 15 f350. Camper package. 11200gvw but has overloads both under the main leaf and above it. 5600lb front springs. I put a 1 7/8 block and it's almost level.. It rides a little rougher than my 08 250 but I also put 2400 lbs in the bed and it wasn't squatting horrible. Here in Cali if they want that, they spec it as a 250 (from what I've seen) just cuz of registration etc..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

uga33

Reaction score
I have the 6k springs on my 350. Rides like poo. There is a noticeable difference between my truck and all my buddies 250s because of the softer front springs.

sootie

Reaction score
Leave it alone and drive it. It's a one ton TRUCK.:thumbup:

why the *** would you NOT want to make it ride better?!

does it make you feel good to rattle the ever living chit out of yore body driving down lease roads or bad washboarding?

Baker42

Reaction score
I'm a plumbing contractor and run powerstrokes for all our trucks. If you want a car like ride, buy a durajunk. Not being a smartass just wondering why you would remove OEM suspension components that reduce payload. BTW, My trucks work, they don't just look pretty for the common lawyer to commute to work.

sootie

Reaction score
I'm a plumbing contractor and run powerstrokes for all our trucks. If you want a car like ride, buy a durajunk. Not being a smartass just wondering why you would remove OEM suspension components that reduce payload. BTW, My trucks work, they don't just look pretty for the common lawyer to commute to work.

Good for you. Btw duramaxes don't really ride like cars...

Who said the truck won't do work?
And what suspension components were getting removed to reduce payload again?

08Monster

Reaction score
Found a smoking deal on a 2014 F350, so I'm going to jump on it. 43k for a fully loaded 2014 KR with all the bells and whistles.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Found a smoking deal on a 2014 F350, so I'm going to jump on it. 43k for a fully loaded 2014 KR with all the bells and whistles.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448426598.468491.jpg

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Good for you. Btw duramaxes don't really ride like cars...

Who said the truck won't do work?
And what suspension components were getting removed to reduce payload again?

Be careful, it doesn't wash off...

I really wish I had him to give me advice. I guess I ruined my 250 with icon coils and shocks :shrug:

Maybe we can get up on his level one day

OP throw some shocks under it. I absolutely love how mine rides with Icon coils and shocks, PMF ALAs and traction bars.

swinky

Reaction score
My leaf springs are all old and soft and this sum bitch rides pretty damn good. I removed the overload and took an angle grinder to the lowest leaf doe. Would've just removed it but my cheap ass didn't want to buy new U bolts.

I also pulled the hitch off for better mpg.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online