Desired Exhaust Back Pressure tables max psi

Kind

Reaction score
Can the maximum psi of 75 be increased in anyway?

Does the factory sensor not read above 75psi?

Whenever I change it always reverts back to a maximum of 75psi after I save my adjustments and reopen the tables. I'm wondering if this is why my truck feels like it hits a limiter at 70-80psi of boost, no matter if I have a 1.8ms or a 2.4ms tune loaded.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I don't think your truck should care about exhaust back pressure. Hell I have my ebp sensor plugged into the coolant system to monitor the pressure there.

Kind

Reaction score
Why do you say my truck shouldn't care about the back pressure?

If the factory computer is maxed out at 75psi I'm assuming there is a safety wall I'm hitting. Sure feels like it anyway lol.

I have a hard time believing my turbos just up and run out of steam at 70-80psi of boost no matter what size of tune. Considering I can hit 75psi of boost with a 1.8ms tune, max out in the high 1200* egts and on my 2.4ms tune I still max out at 75psi of boost and my egts hit the high 1600* before I let out.

My drive to boost ratio stays near 1-1 the whole way.

Just seems to coincidental.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
The factory gauge does max out around 75psi. I run a standalone 100psi gauge to monitor my ebp and have been past 80psi several times but like I said my truck does not see an actual ebp reading. What's your rail pressure look like when this is happening.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I think first of all you need to get an actual ebp gauge capable of reading past 75psi. The Isspro one I am running has been flawless for the past 3 years. I installed it the factory port.

Highroller54

Reaction score
My trucks been acting up and when it's being a pos and only making 30psi boost climbing a hill at 100% throttle the ebp was reading 78 psi on a scan tool. I'm guessing that is maxed out.

ckrueg

Reaction score
On my tunes I had the ebp set to only 50 lbs buy it would easily hit 65+ at wot even on the street tune. I know you have different turbos but at wot I wouldn't think it would matter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online