sct x3, 3000 issues.

sonic blue l

Reaction score
Ok. I have an old sct x3, 3000, non xp. Anyway I used it to tune a 04 6.0l. I put it on the performance setting, it programs normally yet truck feels like its stock.

I check the firmware and back in 2012 sct had a " urgent, critical update " message to update the firmware. well my firmware is 1.1.155.

Supposedly the later update was to address vehicles not being tuned (don't know for sure, only what I could find on the interweb)

Long story short, contact sct and non xp x3's are not supported. that they don't have the files or anyway to communicate with the tuner. I can communicate with the tuner using their update software (read vin, etc) it just wont auto update (non xp are not supported for auto update).

Now I was thinking of getting a custom tune as I should be able to load them, however if its not programing my truck id hate to try a custom tune that does not work.

The tuner has some custom tunes on it (I bought it used, has extreme race, extreme street, and then I think its street 2), what would happen if I tried to use those and their not for my strategy?

Thanks for any information that you can provide.

Latest posts

Members online