H&S 08 help

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Installed an h&s into an 08. Just a removal program, no power added. Problem is, it won't go into gear now, reverse works fine but forward goes don't work. Any idea? I updated it with the last h&s software I could find.

I tired to return it to stock, but I had cleared the tuner with a passcode to use it on something else. I had planned to use it as a 1 time removal on this truck as they are work trucks . I should of checked to make sure it was all good before I clear it.

I would think the stock tunes are somewhere on the card.

Lucky I have an h&s passgen to get new unlock codes.

Any idea's?

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
Installed an h&s into an 08. Just a removal program, no power added. Problem is, it won't go into gear now, reverse works fine but forward goes don't work. Any idea? I updated it with the last h&s software I could find.

I tired to return it to stock, but I had cleared the tuner with a passcode to use it on something else. I had planned to use it as a 1 time removal on this truck as they are work trucks . I should of checked to make sure it was all good before I clear it.

I would think the stock tunes are somewhere on the card.

Lucky I have an h&s passgen to get new unlock codes.

Any idea's?
Probably screwed yourself by updating it.

No, your stock flash isn't stored on the card, it's gone.

Go to menu > install download > download h&s tune, just like you did the first time. It will overwrite what's in the pcm. Then you can try a return to stock after that.

Only time I have heard of this type of issue is when the tunes didn't match the correct job # of the truck.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
when I updated the firmware, I used a new SD card. I have the old sd card with the old firmware still.

I am going to try to return to stock with the old SD firmware in the Development portion of the XRT PRO on monday.

I am guessing it installed a job 2 tune onto a job 1 truck.

So when someone tunes a truck, & restores it to stock. The stock tune the tuner use is a canned stock tune from the sd card?

The original stock tune doesn't get downloaded to the card when the truck is first programmed?

sootie

Reaction score
when I updated the firmware, I used a new SD card. I have the old sd card with the old firmware still.

I am going to try to return to stock with the old SD firmware in the Development portion of the XRT PRO on monday.

I am guessing it installed a job 2 tune onto a job 1 truck.

So when someone tunes a truck, & restores it to stock. The stock tune the tuner use is a canned stock tune from the sd card?

The original stock tune doesn't get downloaded to the card when the truck is first programmed?
Correct that the return to stock is just from a canned file

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Is there anyway I can tell it to load job 1 files? I know I can select the part numbers & serial numbers when in development mode. Or will the part numbers tell it, that its a job 1 truck?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Is there anyway I can tell it to load job 1 files? I know I can select the part numbers & serial numbers when in development mode. Or will the part numbers tell it, that its a job 1 truck?

tcm part :

TQJE is job 1
TQJF is job 2 .

when the wrong tcm part # is used , you only have reverse .

Jesse_01

Reaction score
tcm part :

TQJE is job 1
TQJF is job 2 .

when the wrong tcm part # is used , you only have reverse .

Bingo, that is my problem. Thank you soo much.

Now how do I tell it to load TQJE file?

These are my options.

3Ry44dHd_QYBemw5NPZ39yP9F1Q9sM6dmXI0YSbtT7M

Rt5CEDuMYapSQBj-74Hpvxl-JxqF4-jToOvK7xc0-_Q

Last edited: