Washing/Detailing

6.7pstroker

Reaction score
Figured we could get something going to share some tips and secrets of the detailing trait. Any knowledge and positive input is welcome! If there is already a thread like this, I apologize.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Yeah the cleaner isn't a good choice. The conditioner may be fine.

I get all my stuff from chemicalguys.com and would recommend them to anyone.

I stick with Duragloss 221 for the seats. And all my exterior stuff right now is Chemical guys except for wax, thats Colinite

BK39

Reaction score
Not exactly detailing or washing, but runs along the same lines with maintaining the interior. Where do I find custom fit sunshades for the windows? I remember something a long time ago about custom made shades that fit out windows perfect.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I stick with Duragloss 221 for the seats. And all my exterior stuff right now is Chemical guys except for wax, thats Colinite

I just recently, in the past year or so, quit buying stuff from autozone. Chemical guys was just who I chose, Colinite is on my list to try. But I bought a thing of wax from CG(xxx hardcore carnuaba), kinda one of their cheaper ones but holy crap does it help water bead up and off so much more than ANYTHING I've ever tried before. Everything else I've gotten from them has been good too, but the difference in the wax is just absurd.

Not exactly detailing or washing, but runs along the same lines with maintaining the interior. Where do I find custom fit sunshades for the windows? I remember something a long time ago about custom made shades that fit out windows perfect.

For some reason I want to say weathertech does.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I just recently, in the past year or so, quit buying stuff from autozone. Chemical guys was just who I chose, Colinite is on my list to try. But I bought a thing of wax from CG(xxx hardcore carnuaba), kinda one of their cheaper ones but holy crap does it help water bead up and off so much more than ANYTHING I've ever tried before. Everything else I've gotten from them has been good too, but the difference in the wax is just absurd.

For some reason I want to say weathertech does.

CG makes great stuff. I like the colinite cause of where I am. Just seems to last longer during the winter with the roadsalt and all.

smokinstroker

Reaction score

Heat shield. Hands down the best sun sheild.

X2 on the dura gloss 221 for KR leather

And Chemical Guys or Adams products for the exterior.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I use Meguiar's Wash and Wax on the truck and use Pledge on my interior. Vinegar and water on the glass. I prefer the tire foam but wipe it in with an old t-shirt so it doesn't spray on the side of the truck.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Where yall finding the best deal on the dura gloss 221?
Used the KR brand for several months, it was pretty good but never ordered more.
Grabbed some Mcguires Gold Class rich leather.
I like it more then the KR brand, seems like it made leather softer and darker which I like but still room for improvement.

As for exterior I'm ashamed to say I have not even waxed it since I got it.
That accident and dent the first mo m the I had it did not help my motivation lol.
But I wash it a lot.
Either at car wash (unlimited) usually three times a week
or a hot bath at work.

Last edited:

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Used the KR brand for several months, it was pretty good but never ordered more.
I like it more then the KR brand, seems like it made leather softer and darker which I like but still room for improvement.

That accident and dent the first mo m the I had it did not help my motivation lol.
But I wash it a lot.
or a hot bath at work.

I wait for sales on Autogeek. Then order a few bottles

TripleE44

Reaction score

But I wash it a lot.
or a hot bath at work.

If you haven't waxed it, and run it through an automatic wash 3 times a week, I bet your paint is swirled to death and hates you. Those things are absolutely terrible for your paint, even the touchless ones.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Sigh,
I know, believe me I know.
I'm at a lose for words,
I need to get my crap together.

And the 3 days a week has only been last 3 months. They just started the unlimited.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Here's a pic for inspiration. This is the truck in my avatar pic. I got the truck used and the previous owner was a fan of the brush washes. It's been a toooooooon of work to get it like this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415322623.584834.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415322603.332885.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415322603.332885.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
My boss uses a leather conditioner on his platinum called ohyeayeah or something from Amazon and it's amazing. Used it on my harley truck seats and smells and feels good and clean. Black wax for the win tho...

Latest posts

Members online