Rear glass swap

slc6oh

Reaction score
So, knowing the cab is the same for basically all years:

Has anyone swapped the earlier (99-07) rear windows for a glue in 08+?

I have a manual rear slider with some decal staining from previous owner, and im getting tired of the imprint of the elk head on my back window and also not a fan of the slider in favor of solid glass (just looks better imo)

Anyone done it?

Sommers

Reaction score
Should have left the elk sticker would go great with the camo seat cover and steering wheel cover you have

ckrueg

Reaction score
I actually think that is one of the differences between cabs. If you look at the glass for pre 08 truck it's different than 08+

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

03shorty

Reaction score
You could just swap it for a solid piece and keep the gasket. If you do the 08 you may have that line from where the gasket was or a little residue, depending on vehicle/paint condition.

When I had mine repainted I went with the 08, I agree they look cleaner.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

03shorty

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1457010978754.jpg

slc6oh

Reaction score
You could just swap it for a solid piece and keep the gasket. If you do the 08 you may have that line from where the gasket was or a little residue, depending on vehicle/paint condition.

When I had mine repainted I went with the 08, I agree they look cleaner.

So the glass does fit fine? Assuming my paints good or could be cut n buffed id really rather go with the glue-in

03shorty

Reaction score
Yeah fits perfect. I work for my families glass company and we've done quite a few of them. I recommend going with a carlite glass.

slc6oh

Reaction score
Yeah fits perfect. I work for my families glass company and we've done quite a few of them. I recommend going with a carlite glass.

Sweet!! Thanks. Ive got a buddy that does glass so ill be getting with him for sure!

Joshf250

Reaction score
I know I’m bringing up an old post but I’m about to repaint my 05 and I’m really wanting to update the rear glass. Is there any special advice when putting the new window in and how do you get it centered up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barnbuilder

Reaction score
I did it on mine and it leaks like he'll. The pinch weld is narrower on the older trucks I believe. Also there is nothing to cover up the pinch weld at the top interior.

Last edited:

Joshf250

Reaction score
I did it on mine and it leaks like he'll. The pinch weld is narrower on the older trucks I believe. Also there is nothing to cover up the pinch weld at the top interior.

That’s good to know, thanks for the input! I’ll probably just pass on doing that for now then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.