Hydra Hex Code Help

565edge

Reaction score
Hey guys, i pulled the dp-5 out and bought the hydra from ********. I want to add some tunes from php on it. I have hydra flash downloaded and cannot find any tunes in the library for my box / hex code. The box code is WWV1 and Hex is VNAAAK3. DPC-432. Any help would be appreciated.

cleatus12r

Reaction score
Use VRAA6S3. Even though it's not a direct correlation it will work just fine. The difference between the two is nothing more than the way the PCM detects glow plug faults. Obviously you will notice far different driving characteristics between what your factory PCM does and what the "wrong" calibration will do but it's normal. (Not speaking for what your current F5 tuning is doing.)

I think technically, PHP's library has a stash of VNAA8K8 calibrations but don't take it as gospel. These will be a direct replacement for your current hardware.

By using VRAA6S3, you will have access to the most refined calibrations on the HydraFlash server due to popularity of the calibration. Just be sure to order VRAA6S3 calibrations from the vendor of your choice should you decide to try tuning from a company other than PHP so you can maintain switch-on-the-fly capability if you decide to go this route.

I'll probably register the copy of HydraFlash I have had on my PC for a few years so I can give more direct answers about what's available.

Last edited:

565edge

Reaction score
Thank you for the help. I bought the Hydra from Gear Head with there 6 tunes on it. I have emailed them to see what Hex Code they used as I did not give them any ecu info when I bought it. Just the year and make of the truck.

565edge

Reaction score
I tried that hex code and all the tunes worked. Even let me switch between gear head tunes and php without stalling. They seem to work great. Thank you for the help.

Latest posts

Members online