Just when you think you seen it all

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
04 with log rails. 275k. Did the dance, tossed in 8 Pure Powers back in March. Ran perfect. Truck came in last week for a rough run and stumble/die.

6 qts low, topped off, when hot, 2 and 8 are bouncing back and forth. Contribution code for 8 and sometimes 2...but always power graph would fluctuate for these 2 injectors. 2 is up, 8 is down, visa versa. Didnt feel too good about it but warrantied out 2 and 8. OP temp, boom, 2 and 8 same thing.

Now I'm swapping ficms, measuring fuel psi, compression is good at 510 psi, checking for airetion, etc etc... Nothing. All good. I'm up to 10 hrs now losing my ass on this... Gotta be something wrong with the rail... Nips were tight, it's a log rail nothing special... Man.. Gotta be something up with the rail.. Watched it run with valve cover off for 30 mins.. All look good...

Remove rail to inspect the snubber...

dPzWZhj.jpg

Not sure what the hell it is. But had to come from hpop right? I'll grab better pic Monday. It's been a **** of a week

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Weve seen **** like that come out of the later standpipes. Havent taken apart an early one, but theres gotta be a check valve in it right? The legs of the check valve would sometimes break on the late stand pipes and send **** through injectors.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

bismic

Reaction score
Please post that pic when you get it out!! And tell us if it is magnetic or not.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Truck runs great. Lol. So it was. Causing an ICP issue affecting front and rear cylinders

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
DIFFERENT TRUCK. SAME THING. Did all 8 and when hot #3 was dead. This piece of magnetic metal is very very weak and does not bend at all, it snaps immediately with any pressure applied with needle nose. What is this?

FzcA6J8.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Took apart a hpop yesterday and nothing in there looks like this