another problem

tyler2k

Reaction score
so another problem with the 6.0, I just replaced the injectors and now I'm getting a p0275 and a p0676. I get the 676 is the number 6 glow plug which wasn't an issue before the new injectors and the 275 is a contribution code for cylinder 5. it doesn't feel like it's missing or idling funny and it's not smoking. the batteries and ficm are newer and new hpop. could it be a wiring harness. I think it might have had the cylinder 5 code before the injectors

tyler2k

Reaction score
I just checked, the cylinder 5 code was there before the injector change

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Check the #6 glow plug for continuity to ground. Clear the codes, bet your cyl5 code doesnt come,back.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

tyler2k

Reaction score
I cleared it the other day and it came back, I'll try again and see. I do know that it wasn't on before the hpop and oil cooler change. shortly after I did those I did the injectors

tyler2k

Reaction score
it also has no issue starting. I get a little bit of smoke on cold days but that's it

tyler2k

Reaction score
could fuel filters cause a contribution code. mine have about 8k on them. I also saw a guy had an issue similar where the code returned after an injector change and his need up being a high pressure relief valve

Last edited:

tyler2k

Reaction score
so I cleared the codes and they both came back immediately. they are soft codes they don't throw the check engine light I have to go into my insight to see them. what I don't get is if the truck was actually having a cylinder 5 contribution issue wouldn't the truck idle bad and smoke and be down on power cause it fires right up and seems to run strong with no smoke

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.