cps 10mm bracket bolt

JCart

Reaction score
Thanks I think I may be able to do this. You guys have been great. Question how much work to remove the intercooler? Guess more room wouldn't hurt the intercooler boots look horrible with black oily dirt so I could clean that up as well.

As mine are the OBS version, they are a little different then the SD. Easy peasy I’m thinking if at all like mine to yank. To clean up the grease I’ve had great success with Degreaser called Super Clean, comes in purple bottle sprayer and I usually have the 4 litre jugs on hand to fill spray bottle with. Spray, wait, scrub if really keerapy, rinse with water, great stuff.
j

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
With the radiator out it’s a piece of cake.

Lol I'm nervous about the doing the helicoil part taking stuff apart not so much as I have do e it to my last 7.3. If I mess up the front cover I'm really in trouble. I'm gonna speak with a guy tommorow and see if he will install it and I will have everything out the way for him to work. Then after I will reinstall everything .

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
As mine are the OBS version, they are a little different then the SD. Easy peasy I’m thinking if at all like mine to yank. To clean up the grease I’ve had great success with Degreaser called Super Clean, comes in purple bottle sprayer and I usually have the 4 litre jugs on hand to fill spray bottle with. Spray, wait, scrub if really keerapy, rinse with water, great stuff.
j

Lol I have a gallon of super clean in my garage. I like it alot more than the simple green I used for years. I also have a spray bottle to apply it with. They make a bottle that's foamy and I like that more than just regular spray. Seems I chase the product to keep it on what I'm cleaning. The foamy just sticks and is easier to see where the product is.

fastersteve

Reaction score
I doubt you'll need to remove the intercooler, there's quite a bit of room once you get the radiator out.

Just make sure you mark the depth of the hole on the drill bit with some tape and go slow-take your time. Drilling through the cover will ruin your day...

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Great idea guys I was wondering what to do to keep him from drilling to deep.
What size helicoil kit do I need? The guy helping said a 6mm 1.0 does that sound right? I thought the bolt was a 8mm.

Zeb

Reaction score
Cheapest way is to take your bolt to a hardware store with a metric selection and see what it threads into.
I’m not where I can check one for you.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Cheapest way is to take your bolt to a hardware store with a metric selection and see what it threads into.
I’m not where I can check one for you.

Thank you sir I will do that I am going to buy a new bolt also so there is no problems

fastersteve

Reaction score
Great idea guys I was wondering what to do to keep him from drilling to deep.
What size helicoil kit do I need? The guy helping said a 6mm 1.0 does that sound right? I thought the bolt was a 8mm.

Use something that will slip inside the hole, a small drill bit, #1 or #0 philips screwdriver, etc to gauge the depth of the hole, transfer that to the helicoil drillbit and mark it with a few rounds of tape. Drill the hole slowly and stop when you get to the tape.
You can do it.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Use something that will slip inside the hole, a small drill bit, #1 or #0 philips screwdriver, etc to gauge the depth of the hole, transfer that to the helicoil drillbit and mark it with a few rounds of tape. Drill the hole slowly and stop when you get to the tape.
You can do it.

Thank you man I'm getting started today pulling the truck apart fan shroud and radiator to make room. I really have to figure the bolt size out so I can get the correct helicoil kit. I will keep you guys posted and hopefully it works out.

old man dave

Reaction score
If you don't want to buy a right angle drill, you should be able to rent one.

As far as cleaning intercooler boots, I use dishwasher machine detergent from the grocery store (not hand wash soap, the machine detergent is much harsher). Hot water and a lot of powder makes the boots look like new. Calgon or ElectroSol.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I wouldn’t even bother trying to clean almost 2 decade old oil soaked IC boots when a new set isn’t all that much. I guess it’s all about how much your time is worth.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Thsnks for all the advice guys appreciate it. The fan clutch nut won't come loose, on my 02 f250 7.3 it came right off no problem. I rented the tools and even put a breaker bar on that thing only thing busted is my nuckles when that piece of s**t slipped.:fustrate:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thsnks for all the advice guys appreciate it. The fan clutch nut won't come loose, on my 02 f250 7.3 it came right off no problem. I rented the tools and even put a breaker bar on that thing only thing busted is my nuckles when that piece of s**t slipped.:fustrate:
Air chisel or hammer and chisel on the corner of the nut. Wack it good. It will come lose. Backwards threads remember.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online