College Station folks....

Ford diesel girl

Reaction score
Now I know... I just don't want to be at a place where traditions smother me. We are looking at both coming down over winter break, but if that does not happen I know that I will be in Houston for LST in February.

I am going to say it..... I HATE football. I have gone to 2 OSU games my entire time here at OSU. And one of them was because I had to be there for work.

LOL You won't be. Like I said, I choose not to be involved and no one tries to change my mind. If you decide to be involved, so be it. If not, they accept you anyway. It's one thing I really like here.
Like Superstroked said; this place LIVES on football. But again, you CAN avoid it. There are lots of places you can go and avoid it all.

Wrong school choice then..LOL

:whs: But really... see my other posts.

As long as we can sit in our house and not have to deal with drunk people..... I hate people.

^ Just avoid Northgate and Harry's; you'll be golden! LOL

Gearhead

Reaction score
Damn people.... What's so bad about Bryan? Part of living in Texas is getting to shoot someone once in a while.....LOL

VanoFord

Reaction score
I can not comment much on B/CS as I have only visited for games, but I must say as a former Yankee (i'm from Chicagoland area originally), you're family will love Texas. I can not begin to describe all the reasons why its better down here than up there, but you will soon find out after gettin here....

"I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could"

Ford diesel girl

Reaction score
College Station is not the choice of a town for avoiding people lol.

I agree and disagree. As I had advised him earlier, if he avoids Northgate, Harry's etc, he can avoid most people LOL.

There are a lot of options for entertainment. If he prefers to stay home with his other half, he can 100% avoid people hahaha. But the movie theaters, bowling/mini golf places aren't bad, and there are lots of good places to go eat, parks/trails for dogs etc.

Jarrod B

Reaction score
Damn people.... What's so bad about Bryan? Part of living in Texas is getting to shoot someone once in a while.....LOL

If I ever move there, like I do presently, my loaded glock will always be by my bedside and shoot the ones that break into my truck. :redspotdance:

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
I agree and disagree. As I had advised him earlier, if he avoids Northgate, Harry's etc, he can avoid most people LOL.

There are a lot of options for entertainment. If he prefers to stay home with his other half, he can 100% avoid people hahaha. But the movie theaters, bowling/mini golf places aren't bad, and there are lots of good places to go eat, parks/trails for dogs etc.

That is exactly what I am looking for, we are not 100% hermits, we like to go out on the town from time to time, but I absolutely hate gamedays where I live. people try to park in my yard for the game, drunks crawling through my back yard, etc.

sorry, this is turning into more of a rant than anything, but its cold in Ohio, I am cranky, and my butthole hurts from the check I just wrote OSU today...

Ford diesel girl

Reaction score
That is exactly what I am looking for, we are not 100% hermits, we like to go out on the town from time to time, but I absolutely hate gamedays where I live. people try to park in my yard for the game, drunks crawling through my back yard, etc.

sorry, this is turning into more of a rant than anything, but it's cold in Ohio, I am cranky, and my butthole hurts from the check I just wrote OSU today...

LOL It's your thread, rant on!

But really, this place is what you make it. If you want the bar scene and drinking all the time, you can have that. If you want quieter evenings at home with occasional fun outings, you can have that too.
I personally do not care for huge crowds and drunken, underage idiots. I do like to go out to dinner, go dancing etc. I like drinking and hanging out at friends' places, BBQing etc.
On game days, just stay away from campus, it's real easy. They have WAY more respect here than what it sounds like you are experiencing in Ohio.

I think you'll be just fine here; the people are ridiculously friendly, there is enough around here or a short drive from here to entertain you etc.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Dangit, how did I let an "its" vs "it's" sneak by me?

But yes, I am defiantly hoping that we are able to make this move to Aggieland happen. The biggest thing I am looking forward to is moving out of this house (4 girls, 2 guys) and have it just be us, the dog, and the snapping turtle.

Ford diesel girl

Reaction score
Dangit, how did I let an "its" vs "it's" sneak by me?

But yes, I am definitely hoping that we are able to make this move to Aggieland happen. The biggest thing I am looking forward to is moving out of this house (4 girls, 2 guys) and have it just be us, the dog, and the snapping turtle.

LOL I am always watching...

Watch out with that snapping turtle, someone around here may steal it and eat it! LOL No... I am not kidding! But seriously, if you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask! I can easily help you with stuff on campus and I have experience with the rental companies around here.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Haha, there are people around here that joke about eating Dozer too. But you don't dare mess with him or you just might get fed to him, he's her baby....

384197_437940186262742_1112987967_n.jpg

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Well college station is out of the picture for now at least, Its now down to ND, SD, Illinois, or MN. Sounds freaking cold!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.