gooseneck trailers

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
im lookin to get one here after winter and iv seen a lot of them but i wasnt sure which company would be good to go with. im gonna buy new since they are cheaper than what i originally thought.

so who has good quality for the price and what little extra features did you get that swayed you to one or another?

btw im lookin to get a 30' double axle to haul the mud truck and whatever else i decide to do with it

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Look at pj trailers

:whs: I had a pj dump gooseneck that was awsome. Never had a problem. Check out gatormade too my buddy has one and its built just as heavy as my pj was and he bought it new for pretty cheap.

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
Iv heard the pjs were good. And I'll have to check out the gator made.

What made you guys choose the PJ over another brand?

Sent from my Pear phone using Tapatalk

Jason

Reaction score
We've got a pj goose dump and it's awesome.

Always buy a bigger trailer than you think you'll need. If 24' is all you think you're gonna need, buy a 29'. Ive always bought trailers on "what I need", not wanting more trailer than I think will be necessary, and have found myself selling to buy bigger on more than one occasion. I'd like to find a 32' triple axle lowboy, with drop axlesto get it lower to the ground.

Powersmoker

Reaction score
I have a 14k 24ft Kaufman, can't beat it for the price.

http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/heavy-equipment-trailer-store/Kaufman-Trailers-Catalog/Flatbed-Gooseneck-Trailers-c41/

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
We've got a pj goose dump and it's awesome.

Always buy a bigger trailer than you think you'll need. If 24' is all you think you're gonna need, buy a 29'. Ive always bought trailers on "what I need", not wanting more trailer than I think will be necessary, and have found myself selling to buy bigger on more than one occasion. I'd like to find a 32' triple axle lowboy, with drop axlesto get it lower to the ground.

This is some good advice, I can't count the times I've thought "that'll be big enoug" and then I end up wishing I had a bigger trailer.

x4 on the PJ's they are good trailers for the money.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Anyone have or use a big Tex trailer?

I have a few buddys with big tex's. They are quality trailers that I wouldn't hesitate to own or recommend. Around here they are pretty expensive compare to others which is why I bought my pj. I spec'd them both out and the pj actually had 1 inch bigger frame rails. It was also 1300 dollars less.

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
I'll have to look into all these companies more. Now I am on 35s with stock suspension. I would like to put a 4 inch lift in it just to gain a little height. Will I have problems with articulating and hitting bed sides? And do any companies have an adjustable neck to maybe help with that problem or so I can use another truck with it?

G Racing

Reaction score
Most trailers have or you can order the adjustable hitch. The higher you go with your truck the more problems you will have with bed rail clearance.

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
That's why I was asking. Iv been told a 4 inch will be fine. I'm not going with a bigger tire I just want a little more clearance and that nice stance when it's not towing anything. Plus the nice thing is (if I'm right about this) that the obs has shorter bed sides than a sd. So that would help me out some.

1badpsd

Reaction score
My vote is for hank Williams of all the trailers Ive pulled definetly one of best built and pulls great.also definetly get longer then you think you'll need,I thought 25ft would be enough but im glad I got a 32ft
2011-12-17_16-30-20_321.jpg

SAK

Reaction score
Here's my 36' Brute Trailer that I just picked up a few weeks ago. Its a great trailer, but took 7 months to get it.

Attachments

• 2011-11-14_08-36-17_369.jpg
    2011-11-14_08-36-17_369.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 156

Latest posts

Members online