School me on Goosenecks

VanoFord

Reaction score
So I am wanting to throw a gooseneck in the truck for when i feel like renting a RV or pullin a GN for my uncles backhoe. I've never had one, so please educate me on what to get. I still use my bed for hauling dirt/rock/gravel, so something that hides away would be ideal (so I could still drag a shovel across the bed to get loads out). Thanks!!

links to recommended GN work best. Thanks!

ncollins64

Reaction score
I've always ran b&w turnover ball hitches and love them. The ball flips over for a level bed and you can also get a fifth wheel attachment for the same hitch. Plus american made. Got mine from rcd

Redman920-06 350

Reaction score
B&W is the best, Only thing is i would recommend a bed mat to keep some crud out of it. I'm sure this seems like common sense...but sometimes its gotta be said.

JMart

Reaction score
The turnovers are great unless you tow heavy a lot. My dad broke two of them towing 20k+. Then he switched to a solid one.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I have a B&W in both of my trucks, they are great hitches! I have yet to have any problems with one breaking or cracking a weld towing heavy either.

Twan

Reaction score
B&W, only thing I've found is have it powder coated or it will start to rust in about a year. They half assed it when they did it.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
I have a B&W and its alright. Personally I like the Reese bed rails better that way you can pull a GN or RV by just pulling 4 pins. And you don't have to remove the bed for install. That's why I have one B&W and two Reese bed rails in our 3 trucks.

NRHX2009

Reaction score
BW installs easy. Step by step directions come with. The only thing that can suck is if your bed waves between bed rail supports. But a bottle jack and a 4x4 can fix that pretty quickly from under the truck.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
i have ran the B&W in both my superduty trucks. I have towed north of 20k more than once for long distances and havent hand an issue yet.

plus you can buy the companion 5th wheel hitch if you ever got a camper and it then becomes and all in one hitch.

B585Ford

Reaction score
i have ran the B&W in both my superduty trucks. I have towed north of 20k more than once for long distances and havent hand an issue yet.

plus you can buy the companion 5th wheel hitch if you ever got a camper and it then becomes and all in one hitch.

Same here. I grossed over 20k trailer weight with the turnover on more several occassion for several hundred miles and I ain't had a problem yet.

yeehaw

Reaction score
We have had a lot of issues here in Wi with the B&Ws getting stuck. Mine is stuck up (which isn't the worse thing). Gotta constantly lube them up it seems to make it worth having.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
My B&W has never gotten stuck, but I'm also running a bed cover so I'm sure that helps. I had it stick 1 time in my 6.0 with no bed cover but it was because I had hauled a load of dirt in the bed, and the left over got rained on before I got it swept out and the mud caked around it. Got it out and cleaned it, and got the bed cleaned out and it never stuck again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.