Towing long boats

Rule12b

Reaction score
So I already pull a 38ft tandem car trailer. And you really do have to map out your choices in advance with something that long (not a fifth wheel).

Now I'm looking at a 47' Fountain Lighting. The boat and trailer have to be close to 50' long. Turning radius will be even worse I presume since the three axles are even further to the rear than they are on my race trailer. Any other concerns I should be aware of?

Thanks.

Jomax

Reaction score
As for the question. Plan your gas stops. Some places are a pain in the ass to get in and out with a 50" bumper pull.

A 50" bumper pull should follow pretty easily. Should be able to get that in any gas station.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Rule12b

Reaction score
Actually, Outerlimits and Nor Tech are still on my list. Fountain is off. But right now a Cigarette 42x is the frontrunner. . .trying to make the deal. :)

Reaction score
How far do you travel? I tow this
e510937e47e9dd7e64f23c2bcdd3b212.jpg
about 50' nose to tip on the trailer. You get used to it. Just don't plan on stopping anywhere but a truck stop..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbsimmons

Reaction score
With what Morgan posted I dont see how it can be that much a difference. A tag trailer follows you more than a fiver. Its all about cutting the corners, anything long will do it. The longest tag trailer I have towed was 36' toyhauler. Longest gooseneck was a 53' car hauler. Axles were near the back but didnt cut corners any worse than what I can tell than my fiver which is 41-10 and it cuts corners pretty good. The rear axles is about 12' from the end, triple axle. Looks about the same distance as Morgan posted. The further back the axle, the worse they will cut, more so on a fiver type.
Dont worry about it. Pull and go slow the first corner and see. The big plus you have is the ass end is not going to swing very much with the axles that far back.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.