New to me 6.7 from WNC

Phydough

Reaction score
Purchased a new to me 2011 F350 about 3 weeks ago 104k miles.

2011 F350 XLT (6.7)
Crew Cab Long Bed
Flex Step
Center Console
Sync
FX4 Package

It had a pretty nice headache rack installed already and a front grille guard.

I have already ordered a lot of parts and started installing them.

Parts:
Rough Country 6" lift with 4 link kit
Rough Country Big bore dual steering stabilizer
Dual 5" down-pipe back exhaust
SCT X4 tuner
S&B intake
EGR ****** kit
Yokohama Geolander 35x12.50R18 GO15
2" hubcentric wheel spacers
Access Tonnosport

IMG_0325_zpsbrbvyhhv.jpg

I have installed the lift and the tonnosport. While we were doing the lift we decided to replace any worn front components that we came across.

I come from a long history of modifying cars and designing/building custom cars. This is my second PowerStroke, but the first one I have modified. My last one was a mid 90's model that I used for hauling my race car in the late 90's. I am really looking forward to modifying this truck and making it nicer.

sootie

Reaction score
why a 6" lift for 35s? they can fit stock height...

Phydough

Reaction score
I have a titan as well that these tires will go on once I can get the wheels and tires I want. It didn't need need tires just yet, but this truck needed tires bad. I figured it was a good compromise. I wanted to get all of the suspension sorted as my main goal.

Phydough

Reaction score
Im putting the exhaust and ****** on tomorrow. Cant wait to see how it runs with the ******s and the tyrant tune.

Installing:
S&B intake
Dual 5" DP back exhaust
EGR "upgrade" plates
Tyrant performance tune.

Phydough

Reaction score
So I have most of the stuff done to the truck now and have driven it a bit. i will say that it rides smoother now than it did stock, and the power difference is amazing.

The tyrant tune is awesome.

Reviews on parts:
Rough Country 6" 4 link lift -
This was an easy install and seems of good quality. When I got an alignment it allowed for more adjust-ability in the castor which I really appreciate. The ride is very smooth and absorbs bumps better than stock. I did replace all of the ball-joints and front end pieces while we were at it so that may account for some of the "nicer ride".

Geolander GO15 35/12.5r18 -
These tires are great. They ride smooth and balanced out well. Used 3 oz to balance them. They are quiet and track well in the rain.

Access Tonnosport -
The main reason I chose this was the price combined with the fact that it mounts inside the rails. I did have to modify the front of it slightly due to my bed-rail/headache rack setup. Quality seems top notch and all parts were present. I do wish that it had an additional cross-brace or two due to the long bed, but it doesn't sag into the bed so I guess it is suitable. It does keep water out of the bed, and has stayed tight since install. Adjustment for tension is very easy.

SCT x4 -
This device feels cheap. the plastic seems thin and brittle, and it is very lightweight. It does function as it should. I ran the performance can tune and trans tune for a while and it was a subtle difference. I was able to adjust my TPMS settings to eliminate my tire pressure light. You can turn it down, but not off. I have it set at 0 psi currently, but you must have the sensors in the tires. You cannot turn off this feature in the truck with the x4. I also adjusted for increased tire size but the x4 only adjusts up to a 34" tire. I made this adjustment but got a CEL due to this and ended up going back in and saying that there were no tire changes made. This cleared the CEL. The screen is adjustable in brightness and has a light sensor to adjust for day/night settings.

5" dual exhaust -
This was somewhat difficult of an install. The spare tire could not stay in the stock location. The stock exhaust took forever to take off due to some stuck sensor plugs. I was able to keep my flip a hitch with absolutely no interference. There is a ton of clearance between everything on this exhaust and I have no worries about the axle hitting the exhaust. We have named it the "spaghetti monster" at the shop due to all of the bends necessary to make the exhaust a dual setup. i installed some cheap polished stainless tips that go from 5" to 7" to finish the exhaust off. I had planned on adding a Donaldson muffler ( i have it if anyone wants to buy it for cheap), but based off of the tone when complete decided to leave it off. The exhaust is not loud at all in the cab and I get no drone on the highway. the sound is good and it looks really unique with the dual exhaust coming out of the rear.

S&B intake -
This was an easy install and I think its kind of lame. I am sure it flows more than the stock intake, but I really dont like the clear plastic lid and the "show" look it seems to portray. the install was very easy and the only snag I hit was when re-connecting my battery. The positive battery terminal contacts the air-box assembly and there is no adjusting that would eliminate this. I don't think I did anything wrong, but I will investigate this further in the future.

EGR "go away" kit -
This was the scariest part for me to install as I had seen so many nightmare stories about broken bolts. Luckily everything came out quickly and this install was very easy. Getting some of the parts to come out of the engine bay was the hardest part of this entire install. there were no fitment issues and no concerns since installation.

Tyrant Tune:
I installed this tune in the middle of the night as I completed the other modifications. i was nervous that it wouldn't work, or that something would go wrong. There were no issues and the tune installed just fine. The first driving impression was amazement. the truck drives totally different and is much more responsive. The shifting took a couple days to settle down and smooth out, but Cale warned me of that. the truck doesn't smoke at all and really drives better than I could even explain. I have noticed a sizable increase in mileage, but want to run through a few tanks to get a real baseline average.

So far I am very happy with all of the modifications that I have made and am getting ready to order some larger tires and wheels.

I have done a couple other mods to the truck, but nothing really worth noting.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So I have most of the stuff done to the truck now and have driven it a bit. i will say that it rides smoother now than it did stock, and the power difference is amazing.

The tyrant tune is awesome.

Reviews on parts:
Rough Country 6" 4 link lift -
This was an easy install and seems of good quality. When I got an alignment it allowed for more adjust-ability in the castor which I really appreciate. The ride is very smooth and absorbs bumps better than stock. I did replace all of the ball-joints and front end pieces while we were at it so that may account for some of the "nicer ride".

Geolander GO15 35/12.5r18 -
These tires are great. They ride smooth and balanced out well. Used 3 oz to balance them. They are quiet and track well in the rain.

Access Tonnosport -
The main reason I chose this was the price combined with the fact that it mounts inside the rails. I did have to modify the front of it slightly due to my bed-rail/headache rack setup. Quality seems top notch and all parts were present. I do wish that it had an additional cross-brace or two due to the long bed, but it doesn't sag into the bed so I guess it is suitable. It does keep water out of the bed, and has stayed tight since install. Adjustment for tension is very easy.

SCT x4 -
This device feels cheap. the plastic seems thin and brittle, and it is very lightweight. It does function as it should. I ran the performance can tune and trans tune for a while and it was a subtle difference. I was able to adjust my TPMS settings to eliminate my tire pressure light. You can turn it down, but not off. I have it set at 0 psi currently, but you must have the sensors in the tires. You cannot turn off this feature in the truck with the x4. I also adjusted for increased tire size but the x4 only adjusts up to a 34" tire. I made this adjustment but got a CEL due to this and ended up going back in and saying that there were no tire changes made. This cleared the CEL. The screen is adjustable in brightness and has a light sensor to adjust for day/night settings.

5" dual exhaust -
This was somewhat difficult of an install. The spare tire could not stay in the stock location. The stock exhaust took forever to take off due to some stuck sensor plugs. I was able to keep my flip a hitch with absolutely no interference. There is a ton of clearance between everything on this exhaust and I have no worries about the axle hitting the exhaust. We have named it the "spaghetti monster" at the shop due to all of the bends necessary to make the exhaust a dual setup. i installed some cheap polished stainless tips that go from 5" to 7" to finish the exhaust off. I had planned on adding a Donaldson muffler ( i have it if anyone wants to buy it for cheap), but based off of the tone when complete decided to leave it off. The exhaust is not loud at all in the cab and I get no drone on the highway. the sound is good and it looks really unique with the dual exhaust coming out of the rear.

S&B intake -
This was an easy install and I think its kind of lame. I am sure it flows more than the stock intake, but I really dont like the clear plastic lid and the "show" look it seems to portray. the install was very easy and the only snag I hit was when re-connecting my battery. The positive battery terminal contacts the air-box assembly and there is no adjusting that would eliminate this. I don't think I did anything wrong, but I will investigate this further in the future.

EGR "go away" kit -
This was the scariest part for me to install as I had seen so many nightmare stories about broken bolts. Luckily everything came out quickly and this install was very easy. Getting some of the parts to come out of the engine bay was the hardest part of this entire install. there were no fitment issues and no concerns since installation.

Tyrant Tune:
I installed this tune in the middle of the night as I completed the other modifications. i was nervous that it wouldn't work, or that something would go wrong. There were no issues and the tune installed just fine. The first driving impression was amazement. the truck drives totally different and is much more responsive. The shifting took a couple days to settle down and smooth out, but Cale warned me of that. the truck doesn't smoke at all and really drives better than I could even explain. I have noticed a sizable increase in mileage, but want to run through a few tanks to get a real baseline average.

So far I am very happy with all of the modifications that I have made and am getting ready to order some larger tires and wheels.

I have done a couple other mods to the truck, but nothing really worth noting.

congrats !

remember these devices are made for flashing, so it's just a plastic box, they all are. no biggy .

Phydough

Reaction score
Agreed, but of the tuning devices I have owned this one feels the cheapest. It has no effect on its function, and to think of it, it was the cheapest of all of them I have purchased.

I do like it's operation though, and the display is nice and clear compared to some of its competitors.

Phydough

Reaction score
so I have done a few more things to the truck and didnt want to start a new thread. I figured I would revive this old one.

The main thing that I have done different is wheels and tires.

I went from an 18x9 with a 35x12.50 to something a little bigger.

Recent mods.
20x12 Centerline Zodiac wheels
40x15.50r20 Federal Couragia tires
KIMG0090_zpstxfpojrt.jpg

KIMG0089_zpsscl40mob.jpg

KIMG0091_zpsqprld1dz.jpg

KIMG0093_zpsgagq2td6.jpg

Phydough

Reaction score
Thanks. It is getting to the look that I want. There are a few more things that I want to do, but mainly they are just me being nit-picky. I wish I had taken some before pictures from when I got it. I had to take the carpet and seats and dash out to clean it. Everything under the hood was caked in dirt. I pressure washed the undercarriage and you couldn't see my driveway afterwards due to all of the mud. The one thing that it did have going for it was meticulous service records. Mechanically it was good, it just lived a hard life mostly off-road on a farm. The bed had holes in it from heavy things being dropped in it. I welded in patches and smoothed it all out and bed-lined it.

A lot of work has gone into making it a nice truck. next on my list is the door seal mod with surgical tube.

oli6578

Reaction score
Looking good!! What the offset backspacing of these rims? Did you have to do a lot of trimming to get the 40S to fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online