2002 crank no start

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Hey guys my truck stalled on me and wont start. Its a 02 7.3 with a 5inch exhaust tymar intake stage 1 injectors tuned by php. I dont have guages and truck has over 240,000.
I got laid off of work so i wasnt driving it as much but the last time i drove it the truck loped real bad had to keep foot on brake and gas to keep it running then it stalled hasnt run since. I dont know much about it but did a bunch of searching before posting.

Truck i checked was really low on oil filled it back to level, no oil in hpop resivour and toped it off also. All fuses checked ok changed the cps also. I have tried 4 different scanners and none of them will comunicate with my pcm.

My fuel pump is working fuel in bowl looks good also. my battiers have been charged up and it spins over fast just wont start. No smoke out the exhaust either. I unplugged the icp still nothing, it had oil in the plug though. It will most likely have to be put in shop i was hoping it was something maybe i could fix though.
My wait to start light works to. Any help would be great thanks in advance.

Oh i checked my chip and as far as i can tell it isnt loose, i didnt want to mess with it to much out of fear of breaking something. I was thinking of maybe taking pics or something maybe someone could see a problem, heck i dont know my truck has been broke since november this sucks. Thanks

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
I'd keep cranking and topping off the hpop reservoir. Also remove the chip

Thanks for the reply. It will start without the chip? I dont have stock injectors. Usually i only crank it for 3-4 seconds maybe 2 times, i dont ever keep at it just feel if it doesnt fire in that time it wont. I will try that today man thanks.

Jomax

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It will start without the chip? I dont have stock injectors. Usually i only crank it for 3-4 seconds maybe 2 times, i dont ever keep at it just feel if it doesnt fire in that time it wont. I will try that today man thanks.

Truck will start without a chip even if it has single shot injectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bruce

Reaction score
3-4 seconds? try 15-20 then let the starter cool for a few minutes, why its cooling check the hpop reservoir and top it off

ToMang07

Reaction score
WTS light coming on/off? Voltage when cranking? Probably should figure out why the OBDII port isn't working... or find a better scanner.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
WTS light coming on/off? Voltage when cranking? Probably should figure out why the OBDII port isn't working... or find a better scanner.

This is what I am thinking as well. Diagnostic scan tools can be worth their weight in gold when it comes to issues like you are having.

If you are not getting a WTS light and cannot communicate with the PCM (assuming your fuel bowl heater fuse is good and intact), then it is possible your PCM is bad.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Trying to add a picture. OK there is a black wire running behind this piece I am pointing to, is r
That the chip? When I wiggle this wire it's loose.

Attachments

• 20160125_160545.jpg
    20160125_160545.jpg
    569.8 KB · Views: 74

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Thanks everyone who replied. My wts light does work as well as the obd2 port. I also added oil to the hpop reservoir and cranked longer still no luck. I have had 2 mechanics try to hook up their scanners and they cant get the pcm to communicate either. They were mobile mechanics because truck is dead in my driveway. One says its the pcm other guy said it was my hpop.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
I can only see 2 bolts holding on the grey cover to where the chip is. That has to come off to get to the chip i assume?

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
If scanners won't connect your PCM has no power. Hpop not having oil in the Rez and scan tools not connecting to the PCM doesn't correlate. Could have issues with both but no one knows until we get the scanners to connect to the PCM.

Does the WTS light stay on or does it go off like normal? Are you sure the fuel pump is kicking on and it's not the vacuum pump? Check fuse #12 under the steering column and see if it's blown.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
If scanners won't connect your PCM has no power. Hpop not having oil in the Rez and scan tools not connecting to the PCM doesn't correlate. Could have issues with both but no one knows until we get the scanners to connect to the PCM.

Does the WTS light stay on or does it go off like normal? Are you sure the fuel pump is kicking on and it's not the vacuum pump? Check fuse #12 under the steering column and see if it's blown.

When i first started messing with truck the only fuse i found not working was the cig lighter, changed it si the obd2 post is working. Checked all fuses under dash they are all good. The wts light cycles as normal. Now i laid on ground next to truck on drivers side and can hear the fuel pump but just barely, not sure how loud it is supposed to be.

The fuel bowl is full of fuel and fuel is clean. i bought a cheap scanner off amazon and have the torque app but nothing, it works on my buddies dmax just fine though.

Tried 3 other scanners 2 from mechanics and truck wont communicate with any of them.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Check that fuse again that was the #12 fuse you found blown. Sounds like your fuel bowl heat is leaking past the seal and blowing that fuse. The bowl heater, cig outlet, and PCM are all on that fuse. Check it again and see if it's blown again.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Check that fuse again that was the #12 fuse you found blown. Sounds like your fuel bowl heat is leaking past the seal and blowing that fuse. The bowl heater, cig outlet, and PCM are all on that fuse. Check it again and see if it's blown again.

I thought the obd2 port was on that fuse, because i have power to that. Let me go see if the lighter is working real quick.

dsberman94

Reaction score
When that fuse blew for me I "had power" at the obd2 port, but the scan gauge still wouldn't connect because the PCM had no power, even though the scan gauge would turn on with the key. So it would just turn itself back off again.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Ok holy smokes i have a update. I must have read wrong about cig lighter and obd2 port being on same fuse. My scanner powers up but the cig lighter isnt working. My cheapo scanner you dont have to plug up to cig lighter, just plug it up to obd2 port for power. i will post a pic of the fuse panel which is confusing to me as nothing is numbered, i did a search and found there are a couple different panel setups in these trucks. Its on my tablet so i will post it up

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
Check the fuse. Scanner will power up but not connect. Unplug your fuel bowl heater, and leave it unplugged, before you replace the fuse again.

And see my post above.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Not sure which one it is again, I know it's a 20amp. Would anyone know where I can find a chart telling me what's what?

Attachments

• 20160125_223712.jpg
    20160125_223712.jpg
    711.7 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts

Members online