E99 to L99 conversion questions

Diesel X

Reaction score
How do you remove the passenger side intake plenum bottom front bolt next to the hoop? What is the best way to get them loose from the head and not damage anything? Any advice on installing up pipes and how to line everything up? Also installing frx lines. Any advice on this. 1st time doing something like this and working on it alone. Any help would be appreciated.

Diesel X

Reaction score
Thanks. I looked that up but I couldn't get it to pull up the file on my phone for some reason. It did come up from your links

Diesel X

Reaction score
That bolt head gets cut off per the instructions. That's for the billet plenum I got the stamped factory ones. Is that going to be a issue with the stamped ones? Just thinking maybe a potential leak issue there with no bolt

DieselDC

Reaction score
That bolt head gets cut off per the instructions. That's for the billet plenum I got the stamped factory ones. Is that going to be a issue with the stamped ones? Just thinking maybe a potential leak issue there with no bolt

If it was me I’m not cutting anything off. Yes instructions say to do that but you have the option not to (more work) but it’s something I wouldn’t do.

Kinda the deal where you bring your truck in to have it done, they better do it right. Cutting that chit - you could have done it at home.

In my humble opinion, though it has no ill effects, I’m strongly against cutting that. I would remove everything and install it like it should. During which, you could clean up The Valley and redo all the seals while you got everything apart. Just my 0.02

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

bryan.d

Reaction score
I just did that conversion. That bolt just needs to be loosened with an open end wrench. The stock plenums are slotted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diesel X

Reaction score
Ok I'll try that. Was it a pain to broke the plenum loose there? Anything you did you learned afterwards you should of drone different that I should look out for?

bryan.d

Reaction score
It was pretty straight forward. Aligning the baby butt to the turbo and getting the clamp on was a m***er F****r. I left the up pipes loose at the manifolds and drivers side at baby butt. I tightened the pass side up pipe to baby butt because it’s next to impossible to get to afterwards. I also let the plenum sealant cure overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diesel X

Reaction score
Got the passenger side off. Didn't cut the bolt. Just loosened it up as much as possible and wiggled the plenum off. Nice of Ford to make easy with the slot they put in the plenum

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Definitely leave the bolt. Dont cut it.. its bad enough that gray death still wont seal the best without propper clamp pressure from all the bolts.. give it plenty of time to cure regardless.

live life full throttle

Diesel X

Reaction score
I wasn't interested in cutting it off. I thought it would be a clamping pressure issue. Getting all the old grey sealer off is another issue. I'm assuming it must be completely clean for a proper seal. Is the torque spec the same for the stamped plenum as the billet one?

Last edited:

gnxtc2

Reaction score

Diesel X

Reaction score
Got the inserts for the 3" plenums. The billet plenums just wasn't in the budget. Already way over now. I didn't think I really needed them for what level I'm at any way. Finally got some time this morning to put them on. Haven't heard anything on the torque difference so I guess it's the same.

DieselDC

Reaction score
You good. No need for plenums if you got the inserts installed. Promise. So far what has your budget allows you to get as far as goodies wise?

—————signature—————

Diesel X

Reaction score
KC turbo bellow up pipes Frx cross over line non ebvp pedestal. Basically everything needed for the e99 to l99 conversation

DieselDC

Reaction score
right. Now saving up for more go fast goodies :(

—————signature—————

Latest posts

Members online