dually conversion questions

wildbill963258

Reaction score
You wont need a dually for 12500 lbs and if you want cheap beefed up suspension put some load break springs on the back and maybe even do a add a leaf to your main leaf pack it will ride rough as hell when unloaded but you'll definitely be able to pull it

tyler2k

Reaction score
guess I'll be going the airbag route, and the plan is really only towing it once from here to texas. basically gonna use it as a place to stay while I build my house

tyler2k

Reaction score
for towing it, my truck has stage one injectors and intercooler, and I have a valair stage one clutch,is that gonna be good for towing or should I put the stock tune on

Strokersace

Reaction score
I'm almost certain that you will need a bigger turbo to keep those egts in check whole you're towing

I’m certain he will be fine! Lol

Best obs setup (and I’ve ran many) for general use and towing light to heavy is stock turbo, stage ones, e-fuel, intercooler, and other supporting mods. He will be fine!

If he has gauges, which I assume his does, then again... he’ll be fine!

tyler2k

Reaction score
I do have gauges, I do not however have efuel, I know I had zero issues towing 40ft enclosed trailers full with snowmobiles or track car, and a sea ray Sundancer boat and my egts were easy to control, but obviously this thing is quite a bit heavier im sure

wildbill963258

Reaction score

Best obs setup (and I’ve ran many) for general use and towing light to heavy is stock turbo, stage ones, e-fuel, intercooler, and other supporting mods. He will be fine!

Lol I very well could be wrong but I'm also a guy that leans towards more air flow vs fuel flow lol

Strokersace

Reaction score
I do have gauges, I do not however have efuel, I know I had zero issues towing 40ft enclosed trailers full with snowmobiles or track car, and a sea ray Sundancer boat and my egts were easy to control, but obviously this thing is quite a bit heavier im sure

is the valair stage one clutch gonna be ok for this

You’ll be fine without e-fuel. It’s icing on the cake for that setup though.

Call valair and ask. I’ve only ran their dual disk organic but it handled anything I put at it weight wise.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Yes you are wrong. It’s foolish to suggest that someone spend thousands more on their setup because you’re speculating.

Anyone who says that they're always is almost always wrong when I'm wrong I ain't afraid to admit it in fact I'll go straight to my supervisor and tell them to their face that I was wrong or messed something up but I always try my best to learn from my mistakes and never repeat them again

psduser1

Reaction score

Trust your gauges, dont try and race someone with the trailer hooked up, drive with some care, and you'll be fine.
I would expect the clutch to be fine, as well, assuming it's in at least fair shape.

I pulled 14k from Florida to mi several times with a stock (00) super duty. Thru the mountains, both ways, with no problems,a long as I watched egts. Slow down/downshift as necessary to keep the pyro happy.:thumbsup:

tyler2k

Reaction score
awesome, thanks for all the info everyone. I ordered a 5000 pound airbag kit and im in the middle of building the flat so hopefully by summer it will be ready

Latest posts

Members online