DDM HID Kits

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Well....after installing DDM's kit yesterday... I wouldn't buy from them again.

EACH of the fog lights had an electrical clip break when I plugged them in, and I had 3 plugs fail, one of which I had to colder the connection as there was not enough wire left to fix the plug. I also had to extend a couple wires from the harness. (WAY too short.)

NOT impressed. I'm not sure how long they will last... Let's just say I have the Silverstar's in a box ready to be reinstalled. :lookaround:

I WILL say however that HID's are MUCH better for driving at night... improves visibility 5x. :thumbup:

This is why I buy 40 dollar eBay kits. I have yet to have an issue with a set, I've had the same set in my headlights for 2 years now.

quicksilver11

Reaction score
Well as of now both lights are working perfectly. Let's hope they stay that way.

I have to say that even though this has been very frustrating, Retro has been great to deal with and very prompt with their email replays and shipping parts out.

jgcf250

Reaction score
I have had the best luck with RETRO. I tried Phillipd HID's and they worked just the oppisite. High beams were low and vise versa. Stick with Retro in my oppinion.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Well....after installing DDM's kit yesterday... I wouldn't buy from them again.

EACH of the fog lights had an electrical clip break when I plugged them in, and I had 3 plugs fail, one of which I had to colder the connection as there was not enough wire left to fix the plug. I also had to extend a couple wires from the harness. (WAY too short.)

NOT impressed. I'm not sure how long they will last... Let's just say I have the Silverstar's in a box ready to be reinstalled. :lookaround:

I WILL say however that HID's are MUCH better for driving at night... improves visibility 5x. :thumbup:

Since this thread popped back up... I thought I would follow-up...

A couple weeks after I posted this the fog lights stopped working. I ended up removing them completely. There was water in the connections. Not the ones I broke, but it was there, it did NOT pop a fuse, however.

I have since removed them.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I threw mine in the trash, this was pretty the junkiest thing I've ever bought for my truck. Having my lights shut off at 65mph when going from hi to low pretty much broke the straw on the camels back. No thanks.

Stick with the good one's, like Retrosolutions stuff.

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
I threw mine in the trash, this was pretty the junkiest thing I've ever bought for my truck. Having my lights shut off at 65mph when going from hi to low pretty much broke the straw on the camels back. No thanks.

Stick with the good one's, like Retrosolutions stuff.

Even my Retro solutions weren't good. They went to the dump. Silverstars and I couldn't be happier even though most hate them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.