Much help needed on Finding Transfer case bolts!

CanadianStroker

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part numbers for the bolts that hold the transmission to the transfer case?
The local Ford dealers can't seem to order me the right parts or their listings for the bolts are screwed up as all I get for waiting 4 days to a week is little 7/16th sized bolts that are only an inch long...They look like they need to be at least 4-1/2 to 5 inches long.

I have a manual transmission. Not sure if there's a difference for the bolts between the autos and manuals? Just kinda in a rush now as I'm driving my mustang and the trucks been sitting for 2 weeks and winters almost here.

Any help is very much appreciated as I can't seem to find any information on them anywhere.

Bugman

Reaction score
Just go down to the hardware store and pick up some grade 8 bolts. You might have to try a few different ones before you find the right size and pitch but they will have something that will work.

They should be metric.

CanadianStroker

Reaction score
Thank you, some of the guys down at the local store were saying that the bolts were different then the automotive bolts when I was doing my RSK and without thinking thought these transfer case bolts might be a special bolt. I don’t have anything to compare it to, as all my bolts are missing.

Thank you.

Zeb

Reaction score
My 96 F250 ZF5 uses an M10x1.5x45mm (under head length) bolt to secure the transfer case to the rear of the trans.
13mm flange head, grade 8.8.

CanadianStroker

Reaction score
There is also a flange on the head, without it you need to use a washer.

Sorry for not getting back right away, I ended up getting some bolts and they work perfectly, but looks like I have some broken bolts in the transfer case that have to come out first, before all the new bolts can be installed. I got 2 bolts in and the rest seem to have bolts in them still. At least I can limp the truck to work on Monday to pull the transfer case.

I did get grade 8 bolts (had to use a washer) but they are threaded all the way to the head. My next question..
Billy are the ones you posted stronger as they have the flange head and only partially threaded? then the ones that I have?

Bugman

Reaction score
The metric bolts in his link are the same strength as grade 8. 10.9 and grade 8 are the same.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.