Radiator issues need specs

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Anyone have the specs on the factory radiator? My 05 had the TT package, don't have any belief that there was more than one radiator but just in case....

At the end of the day, I'm owner #2. Owner #1 had the original replaced, on a road trip at around the 198k mark. The upper cap is starting to leak around the crimps by the inlet. I added an extra hose clamp and double checked that house just in case but I'm banking that the fluid I'm seeing along the seam is from the crimp leaking where the plastic meets the aluminum.

This is not my normal DD, unless I have to make an absurd # of road trips, it see's very few miles, maybe 3-5k per year. I'd like to look for inexpensive options but need to know what the factory specs are.
The core appears to be approximately 1.5" thick so I'm starting there as a potential to compare possible candidates.

Zeb

Reaction score
I would strongly recommend that you go with an OEM radiator. They fit correctly, they cool better than probably any aftermarket one, and they usually can be bought for about $320, which I consider very reasonable for as critical as a radiator is!

CJunkie

Reaction score
You could also get an aluminum rad from somewhere like performanceradiator.com. Don't look as nice as a mishimoto but it doesn't have plastic tanks to leak lol.
It's also considerably cheaper than mishimoto.
Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

superduty4x4

Reaction score
I accidentally poked a small hole in the very bottom of my OEM radiator last summer, and bought a replacement radiator through Napa. I don't recall the brand (I can look it up when I get home) but I believe it has a lifetime warranty and the dimensions were all identical to OEM. The only difference I noticed was the OEM radiator has a flange running vertically on each side that a rubber flap slips onto, the rad I bought had a slightly different flange but I was able to get the rubber flaps to still fit and work.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

I did find some aluminums w/ a 2-row core but 2.36" wide. that gives about just a bit over 1" of fin surface per row.

I came across DeWitt and few other gas radiator builders who are saying row count isn't as important as tube-to-fin contact surface, which is less w/ the increased row count. And in some cases, the debate is increased row count also reduces overall air flow.

I'm shying away from OEM since this will be unit #3 and I am finding all aluminum in 1.75" and 2.36" 2 core and 3 core versions for a lot less than OEM. I was able to get my digital calilper and it appears that the factory unit is approx 1.5" thick.

Need to price options but thanks. OEM fit is great but it will eventually need replacing again, no need for super high price aftermarket when I've only put 6800 miles on in the last 4 years.

thanks for the ideas. May have to check out the napa version for OEM fit if the warranty is solid.

Latest posts

Members online