Oil filter adapter Cracked

thayer

Reaction score
I have a question, has anyone replaced the oil filter adapter? I think mine maybe cracked, slight oil film on filter since last oil change. How difficult is it to change any advice ie what to order? Pictures or tools that maybe helpful. Thanks for the help new to the group.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I see that a lot. Hose the **** out of the filter with brake cleaner. Oil tends to get trapped on top of it.

As for changing the adapter, you'll need an 8mm, and a deep 10mm, I use long extensions and wobbly sockets, but short extensions will work too. Youve got 4 8mm bolts, a 10mm nut and a 10mm bolt that hold it on. You may need to transfer the sensors to a new one, but ive never replaced one so I'm not sure if they come with sensors and a gasket or not.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

thayer

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. That information may prove to be very helpful. I have never used a forum before.
I must have googled replacing this for about w hours there is nothing out there. I’m going to keep an eye on it until the next oil change at which time I’ll be able to inspect the mating surface for cracks. If I do have to change it I’ll post some pictures and maybe video it for YouTube. So someone else will be able to find the information too.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Not saying you did this, but sometimes the washer from the old filter can get left behind and it is not noticed. Is this possible this time?

Latest posts

Members online