Thinking on a getting a 6.7

chromehound

Reaction score
So I'm thinking of getting back into the diesel world and have found a 2011 F350 CCLB DRW build date 4/2011, 155k.

I've read everything I can about the issues on the 2011 trucks but just wanted some more input. I'd think if it were to have had the valve issues that'd have happened by now as well as any turbo problems. Is there anything else to be concerned with?

I've requested a Carfax/service records from the dealership. The price is about average for the truck in my area.

https://www.woodhouse.com/vehicles/333278

Lipka101

Reaction score
So I'm thinking of getting back into the diesel world and have found a 2011 F350 CCLB DRW build date 4/2011, 155k.

I've read everything I can about the issues on the 2011 trucks but just wanted some more input. I'd think if it were to have had the valve issues that'd have happened by now as well as any turbo problems. Is there anything else to be concerned with?

I've requested a Carfax/service records from the dealership. The price is about average for the truck in my area.

https://www.woodhouse.com/vehicles/333278

I just put a new motor in a 2011 w/ 207k because it dropped a valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sootie

Reaction score
Valve issue may not show up for another 50k. Turbo may still be fine if it is stock or hasnt been tuned hot. Only other thing would be the transmission valve body. There was a tsb for it i believe.

Zeb

Reaction score
Lowest mileage I’ve seen one have valve issues was 102,000, and the highest was 225,000.
As reasonably priced as heads, gaskets, and hardware is for these motors, and considering the fact that it’s reasonably easy to do them cab down, I’d see it a good idea to do it as “preventative maintenance” if some one couldn’t prove it has already been done.

chromehound

Reaction score
The info the sales guy has given me is only ownership and that it had been in one accident with minor damage.

I'm seeing if he can tell me if it had/has a programmer on it and for some pics of the underside since the tailpipe looks to be changed it makes me curious and I'd like to see how the airbags are setup.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'd ask for more under carriage pics. It doesn't look too swell under there.

chromehound

Reaction score
I did ask for more but I'm not holding my breath on getting them. Being the truck was from Iowa then moved Nebraska 7 years ago rust isn't a surprise.

May just try to bite the bullet and drive the 3 hours weather permitting.

ChitownPS

Reaction score
Engine ticking s.o.b.!!!!!
Sorry, listening to mine right now in a starbucks drive thru

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ChitownPS

Reaction score
Someone is typing a novel under my truck right now. Hope it's a good one

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JHTX

Reaction score
Looks like a replacement cooler hose for the EGR. Could have been tuned at one time. The manufacture date is outside the time line for bad valves just barely if I remember the TSB correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lipka101

Reaction score
Looks like a replacement cooler hose for the EGR. Could have been tuned at one time. The manufacture date is outside the time line for bad valves just barely if I remember the TSB correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Egr is gone. No doubt that it’s tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Members online