Polished aluminum wheels.....

6fodays

Reaction score
Man, I'll be the first one to tell you I'm lazy........but I will pay someone to shine my wheels for me. Most car detail places will do it (the nicer ones) but I don't know how much it costs (I haven't had it done before....my AFs are brand new and in storage for the winter, but I will figure it out this summer). Probably an extra $40 or so. If you only get that once a month then it'd be worth it. Just to keep them up.

Yea if i can get someone to polish them really nice and seal them, Maybe 2 times a year and just wash them in between the 2 times i think id be fine, but there is no guarantee on how long the stuff will last, so o guess i have to play it by ear. And what sucks is that black wheels don't go with the copper king ranch trucks, or i wouldn't have this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
the beauty of a quality aluminum wheel like an AF is that you can't really "mess them up"

even if you completely etch the surface with acid, they can be polished back to perfection.

none of these guys are going to recommend something that's going to mess up your wheels

Kind of scary to put something like this on wheels that you have $5k+ invested in (including the tires)...and hope they don't mess them up. It's nice to see others on here have actually used it and the ShineSeal works...... I want my AFs to last a long time and I'm lazy too and don't want to polish them. However, I'd rather pay someone to polish them for me than mess them up trying to get by (being lazy).

I'm sure I will end up trying the ShineSeal too.

6fodays.....please let us know how it works out for you.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Kind of scary to put something like this on wheels that you have $5k+ invested in (including the tires)...and hope they don't mess them up. It's nice to see others on here have actually used it and the ShineSeal works...... I want my AFs to last a long time and I'm lazy too and don't want to polish them. However, I'd rather pay someone to polish them for me than mess them up trying to get by (being lazy).

I'm sure I will end up trying the ShineSeal too.

6fodays.....please let us know how it works out for you.

I used it on a motor that I had about 4 times that much money sunk into. It works and causes no harm. Bad pic but this was literally a year after I sealed it and never touched it with polish again.

10152479_10202202083593212_5932771904219593065_n.jpg

Last edited:

taterthedog

Reaction score
Props to you guys who can put the time into polishing stuff like that. Looks great. I usually hose my truck off a couple times a year, and call it good.

Reaction score
I use mojo polish the af's on both my trucks once a month or so,just a quick once over and the look new that's what I would suggest af's Are just high maintenance

2016 rzr highlifter lots of junk in it...
2002 7.3 stroke restored and updated 550rwhp

2012 6.7 stroke ******d and upgraded 550ish rwhp

gfulton

Reaction score
The guys at AF told me to use White Diamond wheel polish and sealer.Gonna get the kit Rich was talking about and seal after a good polish. We have a good detailer around here that will do it.......

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Right there with ya... that's why I rock OEM wheels on all my junk!

Props to you guys who can put the time into polishing stuff like that. Looks great. I usually hose my truck off a couple times a year, and call it good.

white59rt

Reaction score
Old post but I have some brand new AFs coming and researched all kinds of sealers. I use optimum metal polish and sealer on my custom boze forged wheels on my dakota and it works pretty good. For the AFs I got some chemical guys wheel guard rim and wheel sealant. Lots of guys had good luck with it on painted, pc'd and polished wheels. I will try it out and see, hopefully it works as advertised. Chemical guys make great detailing stuff though, I am sure it will be at least decent.

sootie

Reaction score
Shine seal is the best. Esp if you hit those af's with it when they are brand new.

white59rt

Reaction score
The problem with shine seal is if anything caustic gets on it for some reason you have to redo it. Friend with ccw did it to his new and said it worked great until something stripped some of it, not sure what it was. I will try the wheel gaurd as something I don't have to have a kit here for. Hopefully I can report back with good news :)

HighSilver

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with polishing AF wheels but I do a lot of Polishing on truck 22.5s and for cleaning before polishing I'll use a rag dipped in diesel and then wash it off and I either use for a liquid polish Zephyr Pro 40 or Mavericks Rebel Red.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

white59rt

Reaction score
Clear coat has the potential to yellow. It also dulls the appearance a bit. Best coating option is pvd chrome but just add another grand to do it after fact.

RBernardi

Reaction score
Curious if you guys have had curb rash repaired? I just picked up a set of forces, but all four have curb rash. I was quoted $185 a wheel doesn’t include polishing. Does this seem about right?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
It all depends on how bad the curb rash is. But I wouldn't think it would be cheap to find someone to work on wheels due to the liability that can come with them.