Filter minder sucks shut

Phaney

Reaction score
Was told this new turbo would eliminate any surging. But still the same as before. I think I should have went with the bigger 38r turbo. I was going to get the bigger one but was told not to since I tow a heavy trailer through the mountains with stock injectors. At the time didn't have the money for new injectors. I see that as a project coming up soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Was told this new turbo would eliminate any surging. But still the same as before. I think I should have went with the bigger 38r turbo. I was going to get the bigger one but was told not to since I tow a heavy trailer through the mountains with stock injectors. At the time didn't have the money for new injectors. I see that as a project coming up soon.

Have you had a tune revision for the new turbo?

live life full throttle

Phaney

Reaction score
What tunes do you have now?

live life full throttle
Just the factory tune and a superchips tuner with factory stock, tow safe , tow, and high performance. The tuner came with the truck when I bought it. I'm saving up to buy a better tuner with custom tunes. All my money has been spent fixing oil leaks here lately.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Just the factory tune and a superchips tuner with factory stock, tow safe , tow, and high performance. The tuner came with the truck when I bought it. I'm saving up to buy a better tuner with custom tunes. All my money has been spent fixing oil leaks here lately.

If its not custom tuned then im guessing the sc needs that boost reference regulator for the tunes. I could be wrong though

live life full throttle

Phaney

Reaction score
If its not custom tuned then im guessing the sc needs that boost reference regulator for the tunes. I could be wrong though

live life full throttle
I have a boost fooler hooked up but it really didn't make any difference. If this is what you are referring to. I'm new to all this so I'm not sure what a boost reference regulator is.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have a boost fooler hooked up but it really didn't make any difference. If this is what you are referring to. I'm new to all this so I'm not sure what a boost reference regulator is.

No. Its the wastegate actuator with a sensor plug that used to be on the spider. Had the red and green lines on it.

live life full throttle

Phaney

Reaction score
Yes. I still have those hooked up.

Still on my spider and hooked to my wastegate.
0177a42d77e1e722e420c58bbabfa305.jpg

Phaney

Reaction score
Thank you Lincolnlocker for your help. I think my problem this whole time is turbo surge. Benn doing a lot of studying today. Now to try and find a better turbo that is affordable.

dsberman94

Reaction score
My 38r is probably going to be up for sale in a few weeks. Had it on the truck for a few years but never had any issues with it and it’s still good. Just decided to go with a t4 setup because I’m bored with the truck the way it is.

Phaney

Reaction score
My 38r is probably going to be up for sale in a few weeks. Had it on the truck for a few years but never had any issues with it and it’s still good. Just decided to go with a t4 setup because I’m bored with the truck the way it is.
That would be great. Just let me know when you get ready to take it off. Thanks.

Phaney

Reaction score
Would I benefit from changing injectors first or turbo first. I dec8to go with 160/30 injectors and a ball bearing turbo but can't do them both at the same time.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Why 160/30. If you’re going to spend the money and get a ball bearing turbo at least get an injector that’s worth the time to put them in.

Phaney

Reaction score
Why 160/30. If you’re going to spend the money and get a ball bearing turbo at least get an injector that’s worth the time to put them in.
So what would be a better option for my needs. Towing up through the mountains pulling 11000 pounds. I need more power and no surge. Not looking to race or hot rod in it. Just reliably tow my trailer anywhere.

Phaney

Reaction score
I was thinking of the 160/30 just because of what I read on kc66 turbo site.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I was thinking of the 160/30 just because of what I read on kc66 turbo site.

That is a great towing combo bud. Is what he was getting at is that why not go bigger and use conservative tuning so the injectors arent maxed out to do the job. Lots of guys run the 38r and 160s with any nozzle size with good results.

live life full throttle

Phaney

Reaction score
Ok. I see . What would be my best option. Thank you a lot for all of your help .

Latest posts

Members online