help!! truck shut off wont start

97stoker350

Reaction score
I must have a short somewhere because I checked my icp sensor for visual defects like oil in the plug andI even unplugged it and if the cel is on it won't fire but all I'm getting is the 1280 code. Sometimes the cel will go off and truck will run but only for a minute if that and then throw cel again and shut off

TyCorr

Reaction score
I must have a short somewhere because I checked my icp sensor for visual defects like oil in the plug andI even unplugged it and if the cel is on it won't fire but all I'm getting is the 1280 code. Sometimes the cel will go off and truck will run but only for a minute if that and then throw cel again and shut off

Try inspecting and changing the pigtail?

97stoker350

Reaction score
Talked to swamps and Dave said about checking the chip. Sure enough when I took the park I g brake off the chip fell out on the floor so I got it back in and she fired right up and has been running fine ever since

Arisley

Reaction score
ALWAYS. If you have a chip in and an issue. First thing you check is the chip. ALWAYS.

You need to pull the PCM out and put a piece of duct tape over that chip and tape it to the PCM. That is why it is in the instructions.

Glad you found the issue.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
luckily you didnt fry the pcm!! thats what usually happens when there are issues with chip connectivity and it falling out.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.