Towing Turbo

strok-n

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am putting my truck closer to stock and and just wanting to get opinions on a turbo setup. Truck is a 00 7.3 with a stock forged rod motor. Have 250/200 injectors, srp1.1 HPOP. No studs or springs and p-rods. I have a SXE364.5 in my garage and just debating throwing it on there or going with something like the KC38R. Any input would be great.

Thanks

ja_cain

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am putting my truck closer to stock and and just wanting to get opinions on a turbo setup. Truck is a 00 7.3 with a stock forged rod motor. Have 250/200 injectors, srp1.1 HPOP. No studs or springs and p-rods. I have a SXE364.5 in my garage and just debating throwing it on there or going with something like the KC38R. Any input would be great.

Thanks

Come on man. This is a no brainer. ;) As good as the KC38R appears to be, I would most definitly throw the 364.5 on there. In my idiot opinion, it will give the truck enough air to tow anything you want within the limitations of the drivetrain. That being said, if you plan on running those sticks all out, you might want to put a waste gate on there so you don't overspeed it. What ar is your exhaust housing?

When I finally get around to doing injectors and turbo on my truck, I'm going with the 364.5 and 200/80's unless the new KC turbos prove to be all they are cracked up to be. Lol!

strok-n

Reaction score
What turbo were you previously running with the 250/200s?

Havent ran anything with them, just swapped them for some 400/200's, and dont even have a motor yet in the truck. Just wanting to get everything squared away before i put it back together.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
What about a drop in kc38r dual ball bearing turbo based off of the s363??? Kind of like a drop in reverse rotation dual ball bearing s363 turbo with the 74 sxe turbine? hmmm... that would be a pretty sweet turbo.

But I agree that the 250/200s are going to be much to big for a s364.5 turbo on the top end.

ja_cain

Reaction score
What about a drop in kc38r dual ball bearing turbo based off of the s363??? Kind of like a drop in reverse rotation dual ball bearing s363 turbo with the 74 sxe turbine? hmmm... that would be a pretty sweet turbo.

But I agree that the 250/200s are going to be much to big for a s364.5 turbo on the top end.
Insta-boost! I'm game. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

I think you need to get the 300 series ball bearing line up asap LOL.

Any idea what a SXE 366 or 369 would cost with ball bearing conversion?

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Thanks

Unless you're going to limit fuel, (Or stick with a 38R. Haha sorry can't resist, though I'm referring to the garret) you're going to want to get studs minimum, springs and push rods. If you can handle keeping them detuned, those 364.5s seem to do very well towing. Having said that, my 366sxe, 1.0 housing and 238/100s seems to be a match made in heaven. With my second hottest tune (3.2ms IIRC) I cannot, in any situation exceed 1250*, and I swear it runs even better towing than it does empty. Scale verified 25k.
Make no mistake, I love driving this truck empty too, but it tows like a dream. The 364.5s are capable of 40psi as well, and like mine once they are lit, they will peg 40psi in a heart beat. That's why I'd suggest the supporting mods

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I think you need to get the 300 series ball bearing line up asap LOL.

Any idea what a SXE 366 or 369 would cost with ball bearing conversion?

We are doing a lot of testing right now... hopefully offering something to the public by the end of summer or beginning of fall. We have a bunch of dual ball bearing s369 turbos being tested right now with great results.

If anyone is paying attention to DPC.... The 2016 DPC champ Charlie Keeter is in first place again this year. He is running 2 of our dual ball bearing s369 turbos. We wanted to make sure they could hold up to some extreme torture.

No cost yet... we are still working out all the details

mandkole

Reaction score
I don't even run my truck on more than the 80 daily file anymore--hell I bracket race with it. Id be happier with a smaller frame 64 or 66 if I wasn't so lazy having to change my exhaust and deal with that nice stainless tubing.

I think the 200s may be a little big to tow with (manage all that tip in fuel), but Id try some neutered files and that 64.5 for sure.

JDelaney

Reaction score
We are doing a lot of testing right now... hopefully offering something to the public by the end of summer or beginning of fall. We have a bunch of dual ball bearing s369 turbos being tested right now with great results.

If anyone is paying attention to DPC.... The 2016 DPC champ Charlie Keeter is in first place again this year. He is running 2 of our dual ball bearing s369 turbos. We wanted to make sure they could hold up to some extreme torture.

No cost yet... we are still working out all the details

How's the spool up with this? Have you run this on a truck with smallish sticks?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
How's the spool up with this? Have you run this on a truck with smallish sticks?

We have only had 6.0 testers so far. All of them say the same thing. They spool about 100-200rpms faster than a box s369

I am trying to get James Bolen to do some testing for me on the 7.3

Jomax

Reaction score
We have only had 6.0 testers so far. All of them say the same thing. They spool about 100-200rpms faster than a box s369

I am trying to get James Bolen to do some testing for me on the 7.3

Need any 6.7 testers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
We could work something out... the stock 6.7 injecotor just aren't enough fuel IMO
Enough for 700 with a dual fueler, that's pretty decent for stock injectors if you ask me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online