Resonator placement

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Just curious where we guys have found to be the best place to install a resonator? I have four inch exhaust with a muffler but has a fair amount of drone and would like to quiet that down a bit.

joe d

Reaction score
Where does it go out at. Ive had 4 and five inch on my cclb with no drone both exit it the stock spot.
Both strait piped.

joe d

Reaction score
You have a crew cab long bed.. Thats the only thing i can think of unless the s366 i have and my injectors change the tone of my truck.. Other then that im not sure. Maybe its a vibration sounds like a drone?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
When I install a resonator - I do it upstream of the muffler. My Dmax has both a resonator and a muffler on it - no drone at all with a 7" stack.

David1089

Reaction score
I also installed a resonator before the muffler. But I took the factory one and flared the ends to fit my 4 inch. Worked out pretty well.

David1089

Reaction score
No. I had 4" straight back. Problem I had was the pissed off vacuum cleaner sound. Muffler only quieted the truck a small amount. I had originally cut the factory tip off of the factory exhaust and it was flared perfectly for a 4" pipe. That's what gave me the idea. So I cut the factory resonator off the factory exhaust and flared the ends and welded it in place. If I had pics I could show you. I've since went with a 5" exhaust.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.