Which Coil Springs

Kolohe

Reaction score
So I got tired of the 07 6.0 SRW truck riding rough. I want to remedy the situation by changing up the front end suspension. When I first purchased the truck I installed a 6" RC lift and regret it as my butt took a beating.
I recently came across a PMF suspension 3-Link system and plan on installing that next week. I'm trying to find a coil springs also. I'm trying to keep my 6" lift. I know Icon is probably my best bet but the coil springs are made for 7" lifts so now my choices are:

BDS & Top Gun Customs both come in 6"

Top Gun website says it's a progressive spring. Is BDS the same?
Anyone installed these coil springs on their trucks?

Reaction score
IMO BDS is junk...never had any experience with TGC. I would 100% go with the Icons. The 3 link is going to give you enough adjustment to make the extra 1" work, you might want to change your blocks in the back if you want it to stay level. An adjustable trac bar would be a nice upgrade too.

Kolohe

Reaction score
Picked up an adjustable track bar. Now maybe some traction blocks from PMf if it fits in the budget. Can't wait to put her back together and see how the road manners are.

florida 6.0

Reaction score
The Icon coils ride nice , soak up the bumps well at speed . I have had mine for over 60,000 miles , the 7" springs with a 2" spacer on top . No sag and the finish still looks new .

Kolohe

Reaction score
d36ebd258a11b98ab5d4ec532ba6cfc4.jpg

Up on the rack. Work begins...Along with the new coils and 3 Link I got some 5160 Bilsteins. ICI magnum
RT side steps ordered . 2008 rear diff cover upgrade. Since I'm under it I'm changing to the 2008 transmission pan and filter. Last but not least some 22x12 Fuel driller wheels.

Last edited:

Kolohe

Reaction score
Got the idea from one of the treads on this site of spray painting the rear diff cover. I figure I'd color match it to the truck using the high temp spray paint rattle can. Going to match them up with black bolts.
48f3311c814ecb35a2d1ab947c9450fc.jpg

Kolohe

Reaction score
81cff11567187f1fceaeca1f792e7899.jpg

Out with the old coils and in with the new. The rough country springs were a half inch taller. My back end usually sits a little lower. I'm hoping once these springs settle the truck will sit level. On to the three link.

Kolohe

Reaction score
After some research I went with some progressive TGC springs. I had a good deal on them also. With these springs the truck will sit level on a 6" lift.
The front end is still being put together. Will be test driving it next week sometime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highroller54

Reaction score
Can you let me know what they ride like compared to the rc after you drive it for a bit? I also have 6" rc, I don't hate it but it's stiff. I need more lift so I want to go 7" and a 1" spacer or 8" springs.

Kolohe

Reaction score
Can you let me know what they ride like compared to the rc after you drive it for a bit? I also have 6" rc, I don't hate it but it's stiff. I need more lift so I want to go 7" and a 1" spacer or 8" springs.

If your going with an 8" lift the ICON Coil springs are already 7"s of lift. I just went with TGC because of the price I received. Both are progressive coils so hopefully it rides to same. I should have my truck back today from the alignment shop.

Kolohe

Reaction score

So I've had the truck back on the road for a couple of days now. The ride isn't a Caddillac but it smoothed out a lot. I have to go over train tracks on the way home and it didn't jar me like it use to. It feels great!! The coils worked perfect with my 5160 bilsteins. Throw that RC lift away!

Got these in today too! ICI Magnum steps. Looks beefy.
8b517435c32f2b9c7f7d345e0ca07a1a.jpg

Kolohe

Reaction score
4c1f7ba0ad04f8097e6c8e80517cdc8e.jpg

d320c2c68cbd3a707f7d9e7a42bcfa12.jpg

Done for now....Just wanted to show her off a little. Hope to find some traction bars and icon leaf packs in the future...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kolohe

Reaction score
How do you like the three link

These PMF 3 links is an improvement from my radius arm drop down bracket set up for sure. There's a noticeable improvement in the handling characteristics. Trevor at PMF was really helpful with the extra things that were needed...
It also cleaned up my front end

Latest posts